|Use time||16 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 672|
The Cutlass is a rare sword that has a 0.5% (1 in 200) chance dropped by Pirate enemies in a Pirate Invasion. The Cutlass deals very high damage (higher than Excalibur) and can be swung continuously at very high speed.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- The odds of getting at least one Cutlass over the course of a Pirate Invasion are about 60%.
- Since this Weapon is quite strong and available very early in Hardmode, Melee Characters are recommended to get it as soon as possible.
- This can be considered a Hardmode equivalent of the Muramasa - it automatically swings, has a very fast attack speed, and relatively low knockback.
- When talking to an NPC, you can only swing your Cutlass once per click, meaning you cannot swing it continuously.
- It has a dark outline and transparent pixels in its blade, so against dark backgrounds it looks deformed.
- 1.2: Introduced.