This is a Town NPC. A House may be required in order for it to appear.
The Cyborg is a Hardmode NPC that will appear once Plantera has been defeated at least once in the current world, and a vacant house is available. He sells several "high-tech" items. He shoots rockets at nearby enemies.
The Cyborg may have any of the following names:
- Almost all of the Cyborg's names are letters in the Greek alphabet. Naming robots and cyborgs with Greek letters is common in science fiction.
- The names Syn-x and A.N.D.Y. are likely references to Re-Logic lead developers Whitney "Cenx" Spinks and Andrew "Redigit" Spinks.
- The name T-3E0 is most likely a reference to the Star Wars droid, C-3P0.
- The name Niner-7 may be a reference to the character Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager.
- The name Fender may be a reference to Bender, a character from the television series Futurama.
- My expedition efficiency was critically reduced when a projectile impacted my locomotive actuator. (This is a reference to the "Arrow in the Knee" quote from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
- And then Unit 492-8 said, "Who do you think I am, Unit 472-6?" HA HA HA
- I built myself a taste mechanism, so I can drink some ale!
- Have you defeated the Wall of <name of Guide>? (Reference to the rumor that the Guide is really the Wall of Flesh)
- This sentence is false, or is it? (A common logical paradox often associated with robots)
- Sometimes I come off a bit... Get it? a bit?
- Sure, me and [Name of Pirate] are pals, but I hate it when his parrot does his business on me. That stuff's corrosive! (Only if Pirate is present)
- So that "punk" lookin' chick is an inventor, eh? I think I could show her a thing or two! (Only if Steampunker is present)
- 18.104.22.168: Added Night Vision Helmet.
- 1.2.1: Now sells the Cyborg costume set during Halloween.
- 1.2: Introduced.