|Internal NPC ID: 209|
The Cyborg is a Hardmode NPC that will appear once Plantera has been defeated at least once in the current world, and a vacant house is available. He sells several "high-tech" items. He shoots rockets at nearby enemies.
Items Sold[edit | edit source]
|Rocket I||50||Always available.|
|Rocket II||2 50||During a Blood Moon.|
|Rocket III||1||During the night or during a Solar Eclipse.|
|Rocket IV||5||During a Solar Eclipse.|
|Proximity Mine Launcher||35||Always available.|
|Cyborg Helmet||3||During Halloween.|
|Cyborg Shirt||3||During Halloween.|
|Cyborg Pants||3||During Halloween.|
|HiTek Sunglasses||5||Always available after defeating the Martian Madness Event.|
|Night Vision Helmet||10||Always available after defeating the Martian Madness Event.|
|Portal Gun Station||10||When player has a Portal Gun.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The Cyborg may have any of the following names:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Along with the Traveling Merchant, the Cyborg is the only NPC that sells something post-Moon Lord (Portal Gun Station), making him the only town NPC to sell an end-game item.
- Almost all of the Cyborg's names are letters in the Greek alphabet. Naming robots and cyborgs with Greek letters is common in science fiction.
- The names Syn-x and A.N.D.Y. are likely references to Re-Logic lead developers Whitney "Cenx" Spinks and Andrew "Redigit" Spinks.
- The name T-3E0 is most likely a reference to the Star Wars droid, C-3P0.
- The name Niner-7 may be a reference to the character Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager.
- The name Fender is a reference to the 2005 movie Robots.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "My expedition efficiency was critically reduced when a projectile impacted my locomotive actuator." (This is a reference to the popular "Arrow in the Knee" quote from the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, where a guard tells you: “I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.”)
- "And then Unit 492-8 said, "Who do you think I am, Unit 472-6?" HA HA HA"
- "I built myself a taste mechanism, so I can drink some ale!"
- "Have you defeated the Wall of <name of Guide>?" (Reference to the rumor that the Guide is really the Wall of Flesh)
- "This sentence is false , or is it?" (A common logical paradox often associated with robots).
- "Sometimes I come off a bit... Get it? a bit?"
- "Sure, me and [Name of Pirate] are pals, but I hate it when his parrot does his business on me. That stuff's corrosive!" (Only if Pirate is present)
- "So that "punk" lookin' chick is an inventor, eh? I think I could show her a thing or two!" (Only if Steampunker is present)
During a Party
- "This party is going to be nuts, maybe even bolts!"
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Added Portal Gun Station
- 1.2.1: Now sells the Cyborg costume set during Halloween.
- 1.2: Introduced.