Dao of Pow is a Hardmode Flail. It has a range almost twice that of any pre-Hardmode Flail, and a higher velocity.
The Dao of Pow has a 1/3 (33%) chance of inflicting the Confused debuff. Confused enemies will have a purple question mark above them, and will move away from the player instead of attacking. The effect lasts for about three seconds.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
- The Dao of Pow has extremely high per-hit damage, and is available early in Hardmode, before any Hardmode Boss is defeated. Players struggling with the beginning stages of Hardmode should set out to craft this as soon as possible, as it makes Hardmode enemies significantly easier to deal with. Light and Dark Shards can be acquired most easily by taking some Pearlsand and Ebonsand and placing them yourself in a non-Hallowed and non-Corrupted area (place on top of Wood to prevent spreading of Hallow and Corruption), which will spawn the Mummies you need.
- The purple question mark can be used to track enemies in the dark.
- The Confused status it inflicts is useful when being mobbed, as enemies will not only be knocked away but also run away from you after most hits. It can be annoying though when focusing on one enemy, as the enemy will keep running away from you, forcing you to chase it.
- Like all Flails, holding down the attack button and allowing it to sit on the ground where you know enemies will be passing can be useful, as it damages and knocks back enemies as they walk into it.
- Players with the Trifold Map, The Plan, or the Ankh Charm/Ankh Shield will not be confused.
- The Dao of Pow is colored black and white in a Taijitu or "Yin Yang"-style design commonly associated with Taoism. The Chinese word 道 meaning 'way' or 'path' is often romanised to either 'tao' or 'dao'. The latter is presumably the reasoning behind this weapon's name.
- The tooltip is a play on the phrase "Find your inner peace", referring to the inherent objective that Taoists should strive towards. The "pieces" may be a reference to the Light and Dark Shards used to create it, or simply the target of the Dao of Pow being heavily damaged and seeing its insides.
- Considering the ingredients needed to make it, it presumably represents the dichotomy between the Corruption and the Hallow.
- 18.104.22.168: Damage increased from 49 to 63.
- 1.1.1: Spelling mistake ("you" instead of "your") in the tooltip corrected.
- 1.1: Introduced.