|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a deathly sickle|
|Internal Item ID: 1327|
The Death Sickle is a Hardmode melee weapon that fires projectiles which travel through blocks, at no mana or ammo cost, and can be auto-swung. The projectiles travel approximately 12 tiles before dissipating, emit a small amount of light, pierce infinite enemies, and hit up to 6 times. It has a 2.5% (1/40) chance to drop from Reapers during a Solar Eclipse.
The sickle decreases in speed as it travels, and lingers in place for about a second after stopping entirely.
It has somewhat low damage relative to other mid- or late-hardmode weapons, but the fact that sickles linger in place means there is little difficulty in hitting a single slow-moving enemy all 6 times. The fact it can hit any number of enemies makes the Death Sickle excellent against segmented enemies like the Destroyer or event enemies that come in tight swarms. Its projectile also completely ignores blocks, making it a hardmode melee equivalent to a vilethorn, and letting players fight enemies while hiding behind block barriers.
Its best possible Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Death Sickle's projectile is one of the few player-fired projectiles that consistently travels through blocks.
- The Death Sickle's projectile can apply effects that occur from melee attacks, such as Flasks or Frost Armor's Frostburn.
- Melee speed bonuses extend the Sickle projectile's range.
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: New sound effect when swinging and increased drop rate.
- 1.2.4: Fixed issue where Death Sickle and Vampire Knives would not animate properly on other players in multiplayer.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam swords||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|