|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a deathly sickle|
|Internal Item ID: 1327|
- Not to be confused with the Ice Sickle.
The Death Sickle is a Hardmode melee weapon that fires projectiles which travel through blocks, at no mana or ammo cost, and is capable of autoswing. The projectiles travel approximately 12 tiles before dissipating, emit a small amount of light, pierce near infinite enemies, and hit up to 5 times. It has a 2.5% / 3.75% (1/40 / 1/27) chance to drop from Reapers which appear during a Solar Eclipse after defeating all three Mechanical Bosses or one on .
The Death Sickle's projectile decreases in speed as it travels, and lingers in place for about a second after stopping entirely.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Death Sickle's projectile is one of the few player-fired projectiles that consistently travels through blocks.
- The Death Sickle's projectile can apply effects that occur from melee attacks, such as Flasks or Frost Armor's Frostburn.
- Melee speed bonuses extend the Death Sickle's projectile range.
- The Death Sickle has no projectile cooldown, firing one every swing. This proves especially useful in select situations.
- It will, however, fire every other swing if your melee speed is high enough.
- The Death Sickle can be considered a direct upgrade to the Ice Sickle, a weapon obtainable much earlier in hardmode but with inferior range, lack of autoswing, and non-terrain-penetrating projectiles.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It has somewhat low damage relative to other mid-Hardmode or late-Hardmode weapons, but the fact that sickles linger in place means there is little difficulty in hitting a single slow-moving enemy all 5 times.
- The fact it can hit any number of enemies makes the Death Sickle excellent against segmented enemies like The Destroyer or event enemies that come in large groups.
- Since its projectile completely ignores solid blocks, players can fight enemies while hiding behind block barriers.
History[edit | edit source]
- New sound effect when swinging.
- Increased drop rate.
- 1.2.4: Fixed issue where Death Sickle and Vampire Knives would not animate properly on other players in multiplayer.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Sword Projectiles||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|