|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a deathly sickle|
The Death Sickle is a Hardmode melee weapon that fires projectiles which travel through blocks, at no mana or ammo cost, and can be auto-swung. The projectiles travel approximately 12 tiles before dissipating, emit a small amount of light, pierce infinite enemies, and hits up to 6 times on each. It has a 0.4% (1/249) chance to drop from Reapers during a Solar Eclipse.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
- The Death Sickle's projectile is one of the few player-fired projectiles that consistently travels through blocks.
- Melee speed bonuses extend the Sickle projectile's range.
- In Console, it matches the damage of a Legendary Tizona even when it has only the Savage modifier.
- Some may consider this weapon superior to the Terra Blade, even after the Terra Blade was given auto-swing. While it has less damage, it can fire projectiles that pass through blocks unlike the Terra Blade's, which can be considered advantageous.
- This weapon is extremely effective for killing Wyverns as the lingering projectile can deal massive amounts of damage if the wyvern runs through it.
- The Death Sickle is a powerful endgame weapon. Its ability to travel through blocks, combined with high damage, auto-swing, and lack of any ammo or mana cost, give the player a unique advantage despite its relatively short range.
- The projectile emits light, though a small amount relative to its size. It produces more usable amounts of light when combined with the Fire Gauntlet, Magma Stone, or Frost Armor. Its ability to travel through walls will then become more useful for revealing ores and caves, and for attacking enemies in dark adjacent areas from safety.
- The various "gloves", like the Mechanical Glove, Fire Gauntlet, Feral Claws, and Power Glove will provide 1 to 2 tiles of added range each, while equipping all four will stack to provide 8 tiles extended range (20 total). With a pair of Frost Leggings and another accessory reforged to Violent, a 24 tile range can be achieved.
- It is easily one of the best weapons to use against Bosses. Bosses that follow you will get in range of the shot, and continuously take damage of every shot that follows taking around 300 damage every 6 seconds. It is also very effective against worm-type enemies like The Destroyer, or for crowd control during Events like the Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse.
- Despite its name, it resembles a scythe, which is a specific type of sickle. These are used for harvesting grains and other crops.
- It is comparable (both in name and in use) to the Demon Scythe, this being the less ranged, more powerful version which uses no mana.
- The Death Sickle's projectiles are similar to main attack of the Grim Reaper in the Castlevania series.
- 1.2.4: Fixed issue where Death Sickle and Vampire Knives would not animate properly on other players in multiplayer.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam Projectiles||Enchanted Sword • Beam Sword • True Excalibur • True Night's Edge • Terra Blade|
|Other Projectiles||Ice Blade • Starfury • Bee Keeper • Ice Sickle • Chlorophyte Claymore • Chlorophyte Saber • Scourge of the Corruptor • Frostbrand • Christmas Tree Sword • Vampire Knives|