|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a deathly sickle|
|Internal Item ID: 1327|
The Death Sickle is a Hardmode melee weapon that fires projectiles which travel through blocks, at no mana or ammo cost, and is capable of autoswing. The projectiles travel approximately 12 tiles before dissipating, emit a small amount of light, pierce infinite enemies, and hit up to 6 times. It has a 2.5% / 3.75% (1/40 / 1/27) chance to drop from Reapers which appear during a Solar Eclipse after defeating all three Mechanical Bosses or one on .
The Death Sickle's projectile decreases in speed as it travels, and lingers in place for about a second after stopping entirely.
It has somewhat low damage relative to other mid-Hardmode or late-Hardmode weapons, but the fact that sickles linger in place means there is little difficulty in hitting a single slow-moving enemy all 6 times. The fact it can hit any number of enemies makes the Death Sickle excellent against segmented enemies like The Destroyer or event enemies that come in tight swarms. Its projectile also completely ignores solid blocks, letting players fight enemies while hiding behind block barriers.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Death Sickle's projectile is one of the few player-fired projectiles that consistently travels through blocks.
- The Death Sickle's projectile can apply effects that occur from melee attacks, such as Flasks or Frost Armor's Frostburn.
- Melee speed bonuses extend the Death Sickle's projectile range.
- The Death Sickle has no projectile cooldown, firing one every swing. This proves especially useful in select situations.
History[edit | edit source]
- 18.104.22.168: New sound effect when swinging and increased drop rate.
- 1.2.4: Fixed issue where Death Sickle and Vampire Knives would not animate properly on other players in multiplayer.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam swords||• • • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •|
|Projectile Only||• • •|