The Demolitionist is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
If the Demolitionist is killed, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again. This means you must place an explosive in your inventory. Having them stored in Chests will not fulfill this requirement.
 Items sold
Once the Demolitionist has moved into a house, he will sell the following:
|Dynamite||1 50||Always available.|
|Hellfire Arrow||1||If Wall of Flesh is defeated.|
|Explosive Powder||12||If Wall of Flesh is defeated.|
|Land Mine||5||If Plantera and Pirate Invasion is defeated.|
Note: As with all NPCs, right-clicking an item will allow multiple purchases rather than purchasing it one by one.
The demolitionist may have any of the following names: Bazdin, Beldin, Boften, Darur, Dias, Dolbere, Dolgen, Dolgrim, Durim, Duerthen, Fikod, Garval, Gimli, Gimut, Jarut, Morthal, Norkas, Norsun, Ovbere, Oten, Tordak, and Urist.
Some of these names are references to dwarf characters, such as Gimli from The Lord of the Rings, Beldin from "The Belgariad", or Urist from Dwarf Fortress. Durim is very close to Durin, a dwarven king mentioned in J.R.R. Tolkien's books, and in "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey".
- The Demolitionist's appearance seems to be based on dwarves from many games, films and works of literature. He is significantly shorter than other NPCs and has a beard. Furthermore, his mining helmet, lantern, and the fact that he sells Explosives fits the trope of dwarves preferring underground environments.
- "Dynamite, my own special cure-all for what ails ya."
- "Explosives are da' bomb these days. Buy some now!"
- "Why purify the world when you can just blow it up?" (Only if Dryad is present.)
- "It's a good day to die!"
- "I'm sure [Name of Nurse] will help you if you accidentally lose a limb to these." (Only if Nurse is present.)
- "I wonder what happens if I... (BOOM!)... Oh, sorry, did you need that leg?"
- "Even [Name of Arms Dealer] wants what I'm selling!" (Only if Arms Dealer is present)
- "Would you rather have a bullet hole or a grenade hole? That's what I thought." (Only if Arms Dealer is present.)
- "Check out my goods; they have explosive prices!" (that one was bugged before 1.1)
Only at night:
- "NO SMOKING IN HERE!!"
- "If you throw this one in the bathtub and close all the windows, it'll clear your sinuses and pop your ears!"
- "Wanna play Fuse Chicken?"
- "Hey, could you sign this Griefing Waiver?"
Only during Blood Moon:
- "I've got something for them zombies alright!"
- "Hey, have you seen a clown around?" (Indirectly references that Clowns throw explosives)
- "There was a bomb sitting right here, and now I can't seem to find it..." (Possible a reference to Clowns carrying bombs)
- 1.2: Now sells explosive powder and landmines.
- 1.1: Now has random name given to him on spawn. His death will be reported with this name. Also other NPCs will use it in their quotes.
- 1.0.3: Now triggered to arrive when the players have Sticky Bombs or Grenades in their inventory.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Guide • Merchant • Dye Trader • Nurse • Dryad • Painter • Arms Dealer |
Demolitionist • Clothier • Party Girl • Mechanic • Goblin Tinkerer • Witch Doctor
Hardmode (Wizard • Pirate • Steampunker • Truffle • Cyborg)