The Demolitionist is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
If the Demolitionist is killed, he will only respawn if the above conditions are met again. This means you must place an explosive in your inventory. Having them stored in Chests will not fulfill this requirement.
 Items sold
Once the Demolitionist has moved into a house, he will sell the following:
|Hellfire Arrow||1||If Wall of Flesh is defeated.|
Note: As with all NPCs, right-clicking an item will allow multiple purchases rather than purchasing it one by one.
- The Demolitionist's appearance seems to be based on dwarves from many games, films and works of literature. He is significantly shorter than other NPCs and has a beard. Furthermore, his mining helmet, lantern, and the fact that he sells Explosives fits the trope of dwarves preferring underground environments. He and the Arms Dealer also seem to have a rivalry.
- The rivalry, especially when combined with the trivia below, may be a reference to the dislike between dwarves and elves (elves being especially deadly with bows and other ranged weaponry, like the Arms Dealer) in many fantasy games, books, and movies.
- One of the possible random names he can be generated with is Gimli, a reference to the dwarf character in the Lord of the Rings series. Another possible name is Urist, a reference to the popular, yet extremely difficult, indie game Dwarf Fortress.
- "Dynamite, my own special cure-all for what ails ya."
- "Explosives are da' bomb these days. Buy some now!"
- "Why purify the world when you can just blow it up?" (Only if Dryad is present.)
- "It's a good day to die!"
- "I'm sure [Name of Nurse] will help you if you accidentally lose a limb to these." (Only if Nurse is present.)
- "I wonder what happens if I... (BOOM!)... Oh, sorry, did you need that leg?"
- "Even [Name of Arms Dealer] wants what I'm selling!" (Only if Arms Dealer is present)
- "Would you rather have a bullet hole or a grenade hole? That's what I thought." (Only if Arms Dealer is present.)
- "Check out my goods; they have explosive prices!" (that one was bugged before 1.1)
Only at night:
- "NO SMOKING IN HERE!!"
- "If you throw this one in the bathtub and close all the windows, it'll clear your sinuses and pop your ears!"
- "Wanna play Fuse Chicken?"
- "Hey, could you sign this Griefing Waiver?"
Only during Blood Moon:
- "I've got something for them zombies alright!"
- "Hey, have you seen a clown around?" (Indirectly references to explosives the Clown throws)
- "There was a bomb sitting right here, and now I can't seem to find it..." (References the fact that the Clown may have stolen the bomb.)
- 1.1: Now has random name given to him on spawn. His death will be reported with this name. Also other NPCs will use it in their quotes.
- 1.0.3: Now triggered to arrive when the players have Sticky Bombs or Grenades in their inventory.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Arms Dealer • Clothier • Demolitionist • Dryad|
Guide • Merchant • Nurse
Mechanic • Goblin Tinkerer • Wizard