|Max Life||2 hits to destroy with Pwnhammer|
|Musket Ball (25-50)||25%|
|The Rotted Fork||25%|
Crimson Hearts are floating, pulsing red hearts found deep in the branches of the Crimson. A world with Crimson features several Crimson Hearts, and destroying some of them is often a crucial step in game advancement. This can be done using any Hammer, or Bombs/Dynamite. Crimson Hearts release a fair amount of their own flickering light, similar to Demon Altars, which helps players spot them underground.
Crimson Hearts are usually located at the ends of the branches that split from the main circular room of a Crimson area, kept inside small rooms of Crimstone Blocks. In order to reach them the player may use explosives, a Nightmare Pickaxe (or better, this includes the Deathbringer Pickaxe), or Purification Powder.
The following messages appear upon destruction of Crimson Hearts:
- First Heart: "A horrible chill runs down your spine..."
- Second Heart: "Screams echo around you..."
- Third Heart: "Brain of Cthulhu has awoken!"
- Destroying Crimson Hearts will prompt a Meteorite to land.
- Goblin Armies will begin to appear periodically after a Crimson Heart has been smashed.