|Max Life||2 hits to destroy with Pwnhammer|
|Musket Ball (25-50)||25%|
|The Rotted Fork||25%|
Demon Hearts are floating, pulsing red hearts found deep in the branches of the Crimson. Each generated World has several Demon Hearts, and destroying several of them is a crucial step in game advancement. This can be done using any Hammer, or Bombs/Dynamite. Demon Hearts release a fair amount of their own flickering light, similar to Demon Altars, which helps players spot them underground.
Demon Hearts are usually located at the ends of the branches that split from the main circular room, separated from the main branch's cavity by some amount of solid Crimstone, and are also surrounded by Crimstone on all sides.
The following messages appear upon destruction of Demon Hearts:
- First Heart: "A horrible chill runs down your spine..."
- Second Heart: "Screams echo around you..."
- Third Heart: "Brain of Cthulhu has awoken!"
- Destroying Demon Hearts will prompt a Meteorite to land.
- Destroying one enables Goblin Armies to appear.
- 1.2: Introduced