|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts a demon scythe|
The Demon Scythe is a Magic Weapon that fires circular projectiles that can pierce through multiple enemies and/or large enemies for multiple hits on each, making it useful for Boss fights and mob control. Its projectiles have little to no movement for the first second or two, then gradually gain speed. The Demon Scythe has a 2% (1:50) chance of being dropped by Demons in The Underworld.
The Demon Scythe's projectiles emit a good deal of light, and depending on their momentum when impacting a surface, will produce illuminating sparks that continue on the same trajectory, even through thick walls. This makes the Demon Scythe useful as a cave exploration tool.
The best Modifier for the Demon Scythe is Mythical.
- The Demon Scythe remains useful well into Hardmode, as its damage rate rivals that of many Hardmode weapons, especially when fired up-close for continuous damage while the projectile is still picking up speed.
- The Demon Scythe can even kill The Destroyer if you place a scythe then move out of the way.Note to get maximum damage you will need a Hunter Potion to see where he is gonna charge then aim the scythe at that direction.
- Since the cost for reforging the Demon Scythe is surprisingly low, it makes for easy stat changes and gaining the Mythical modifier for a low cost, making it a much more effective and worthwhile spell.
- The slow speed allows the user to lay temporary traps. If you are fighting worm monsters, get into a position where you know they will jump up at you from below. Aim in the rough direction you think the worm will travel and fire off a few scythes before moving out of the way. This can cause extreme amounts of damage, and even kill a Bone Serpent with just one scythe.
- Flying creatures can easily become annoying as they swarm you, like the Hellbat. The best way to kill them with one scythe is to wait for them to get close to you, then fire a scythe just before they get in close enough to damage you. The scythe will damage/knock them back, and if flying at the right angle, will ram into them again, killing them instantly.
- It is an extremely potent weapon vs. The Wall of Flesh, able to damage ALL enemies associated with it, as well as the boss itself thanks to piercing.
- It's also effective for finding unseen caves or minerals. Simply fire a scythe about 10 blocks away and when the scythe hits the wall, the sparks will shoot far into the wall.
- Demon Scythes can be shot through Wood platforms, and hence can make a good weapon for farming flying enemies, such as Demon Eyes.
- The Demon Scythe's projectile can travel through a 1-block gap.
- The Demon Scythe can pierce through 5 enemies.
- It uses the same sound effect as the Shadow Orb (item) and switching gravities while the Gravitation Potion is in effect, as well as the Vilethorn and Terra Blade.
- Possibly a reference, much like the demon itself, to the Castlevania series' "Imp" enemies who shoot a similar projectile with a similar delay at the start. It may also be a reference to Death's attack in the same series.
- The Demon Scythe projectile is actually called a Demon Sickle.