|Mana||14 / 10|
|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Casts a demon scythe|
|Internal Item ID: 272|
The Demon Scythe is a magic weapon that fires circular projectiles that can pierce through multiple enemies and/or large enemies for multiple hits on each. Its projectiles have little to no movement for the first second or two, then gradually gain speed. The Demon Scythe has a 2.86% (1/35) chance of being dropped by Demons and Voodoo Demons in The Underworld.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Demon Scythe's projectiles emit a good deal of light, and depending on their momentum when impacting a surface, will produce illuminating sparks that continue on the same trajectory, even through thick walls.
- It does not pierce through blocks but if an enemy is directly on the other side of a block, the projectile can damage it as it hits the block.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Demon Scythe remains useful into Hardmode, as its damage rate rivals that of many Hardmode weapons, especially when fired up-close for continuous damage while the projectile is still picking up speed.
- Because of its low cost, the Demon Scythe is incredibly inexpensive to reforge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Demon Scythe projectile is called a Demon Sickle in death messages.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3: Mana usage increased from 10 to 14.
- 1.2: Mana usage reduced from 14 to 10.
- 1.1: Mana usage reduced from 18 to 14.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.