| Demonite Ore
|| Ore – Crafting material
| Max stack
| Use time
|| 'Pulsing with dark energy'
| Internal Item ID: 56
Demonite Ore is a pre-Hardmode Ore. It is the Corruption counterpart to the Crimson's Crimtane Ore, and will not appear naturally in Crimson worlds. It can be found very rarely in small veins Underground in worlds that contain Crimson, however the only usable quantities come from the Eater of Worlds Boss, and from the Eye of Cthulhu (only in worlds containing Corruption). Demonite Ore emits a faint glow when placed, similar to Crimtane Ore.
Like Crimtane Ore, the pickaxe power required to mine Demonite changes with location. Below ground level, a Gold Pickaxe or better is needed, while above ground, any pickaxe will do.
Demonite can be crafted into bars which are then used in the creation of Shadow Armor and its corresponding tools. It can also be used raw to craft Demonite Bricks.
- Demonite Ore does not spread the Corruption during Hardmode.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Now gives off purple light on top of the sparkle effect.
- Now has a sparkle effect.
- Can now be found underground, in small veins.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.