|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||'Pulsing with dark energy'|
Demonite Ore should not be confused with Ebonstone Blocks, as they look very similar. The ore can be identified by the particles and an eerie glow it gives off, which can be seen through solid walls. Below ground level, a Gold Pickaxe or better is required to mine demonite ore. Above ground level it can be mined by any pickaxe.
Once the player obtains better armor and equipment, defeating these two bosses not only becomes much easier, but they also become a good source of money, as the large quantities of Demonite Ore can be sold for a very high price.
 Used in
- Demonite Ore has the same glow as the old variant of Cobalt armor.
- Although it is most likely to appear in The Corruption, it can also appear anywhere else in the world in much smaller veins.
- Most veins contain around 5-10 ores, or sometimes less, but as many as 28 may be found in one vein.
- Demonite Ore does not spread the Corruption during Hardmode.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Now gives off purple light on top of the sparkle effect.
- Now has a sparkle effect.
- Can now be found underground, in small veins.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Ore • Bar • Brick|
Demon Bow • War Axe of the Night • Light's Bane • Nightmare Pickaxe • The Breaker
|Potions • Consumable weapons • Ammunition • Seeds • Materials ( Ores • Bars) • Paint • Other|
|Normal||Copper • Tin • Iron • Lead • Silver • Tungsten • Gold • Platinum • Demonite • Crimtane • Meteorite • Obsidian • Hellstone|
|Hardmode||Cobalt • Palladium • Mythril • Orichalcum • Adamantite • Titanium • Chlorophyte|