Demonite Ore is a pre-Hardmode Ore. It is the Corruption counterpart to the Crimson's Crimtane Ore, and will not appear naturally in Crimson worlds. It can be found very rarely in small veins Underground in worlds that contain Corruption, however the only usable quantities come from bosses, namely Eater of Worlds, and from the Eye of Cthulhu in worlds naturally containing Corruption. Demonite Ore emits a faint blue glow when placed, similar to Crimtane Ore.
Like Crimtane Ore, the pickaxe power required to mine Demonite changes with location. Below ground level, a Gold Pickaxe or better is needed, while above ground, any pickaxe will do. Alternatively, it can be destroyed by bombs.
- Demonite Ore does not spread the Corruption during Hardmode.
- The placed block texture of Demonite Ore seems to represent scales.
- Selling the bar rather than the ore yields an extra 8 per bar. The bar is the most profitable way to sell Demonite.
- Placed Demonite has a new texture.
- Now requires 3 Demonite instead of 4 Demonite to craft a bar.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: Now only dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu if the world has Corruption; otherwise Crimtane Ore is dropped.
- 1.1: Now gives off purple light on top of the sparkle effect.
- Now has a sparkle effect.
- Can now be found underground, in small veins.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.