| Demonite Ore
|| Ore – Crafting material
| Max stack
| Use time
|| 'Pulsing with dark energy'
is an ore that can be refined into Demonite Bars
. It can be mined with a Gold Pickaxe
(or better) or bombs
. It is found underground rarely in tiny veins, but can be found more frequently in the chasms beneath The Corruption
. Even more rarely, Demonite Ore can be found a few feet below ground level. Large quantities of Demonite Ore are dropped by the Eater of Worlds
. Defeating it is the recommended method to obtain Demonite equipment
, as one will rarely get enough bars to craft anything by mining natural Demonite. As with other ores, it can be placed by the player. If desired, Demonite Ore can be sold for 8 silver coins a piece.
Demonite Ore should not be confused with Ebonstone Blocks, as they look very similar. The ore can be identified by the particles and an eerie glow it gives off, which can be seen through solid walls. Below ground level, a Gold Pickaxe or better is required to mine demonite ore. Above ground level it can be mined by any pickaxe.
It is also dropped by the Eye of Cthulhu (Only in a world with Corruption instead of Crimson, otherwise it will drop Crimtane Ore).
Once the player obtains better armor and equipment, defeating these two bosses not only becomes much easier, but they also become a good source of money, as the large quantities of Demonite Ore can be sold for a very high price.
- Demonite Ore has the same glow as the old variant of Cobalt armor.
- Although it is most likely to appear in The Corruption, it can also appear anywhere else in the world in much smaller veins.
- Most veins contain around 5-10 ores, or sometimes less, but as many as 28 may be found in one vein.
- Demonite Ore does not spread the Corruption during Hardmode.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Now gives off purple light on top of the sparkle effect.
- Now has a sparkle effect.
- Can now be found underground, in small veins.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.