The Depth Meter is an informational accessory that displays depth relative to the surface level. It is required to craft the GPS, which can then be used to craft PDA and the Cell Phone.
Depth is displayed as follows:
- On the Desktop version of the game, depth is measured in feet, with one tile equaling two feet.
- On the Console version, depth is measured in meters, with two tiles equaling one meter.
Currently uncraftable in the Desktop version.
It has a 1% (1 in 100) chance of being dropped by Cave Bats (0.5% in console/mobile versions), a 1.25% chance of being dropped by a Salamander and a 1% (1 in 100) chance of being dropped by Giant Bats and Giant Shelly. It also appears to be dropped from Jungle Bats and Ice Bats.
- Depth is measured at the level of the character's feet.
- Depth is displayed as "level" when standing exactly at surface level.
- The surface level has an absolute position and is consistent across the entire world.
- The Depth Meter is obtainable and equippable but does not actually do anything.