| Depth Meter
|| Accessory – Crafting material
| Max stack
|| Shows depth
| Internal Item ID: 18
The Depth Meter is an accessory that, when equipped, displays your character's current elevation relative to the surface level. Elevation is measured in feet, with one tile equalling two feet. It is a rare drop from Cave Bats.
In the console version, the Depth Meter functions slightly differently; elevation is measured in meters, with two tiles equaling one meter. It can also be obtained by crafting on console.
This recipe is non-craftable in the PC version.
- The surface level has an absolute position and is consistent across the entire world. Counterintuitively, it is possible for caves to be generated above the surface level.
- The elevation is measured from the level of your character's feet.
- The elevation display will read "level" if you are standing exactly on the surface level.
- On the Console version, it is not advised to craft early game because of its materials needed to craft it.
- The depth meter does not work on mobile.