|Type||Accessory – Informational|
|Sell|| 25 /|
|Internal Item ID: 18|
On the Desktop version of the game, depth is measured in feet, with one tile equaling two feet.
On the Console version, depth is measured in meters, with two tiles equaling one meter.
This depth is measured relative to the boundary between the Surface and Underground layers, which has a depth of 0 and is displayed as "level"; the grassy surface of the Forest is generally about 64 blocks upward from this line.
It can only be crafted by the player on the Console version.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Console Version[edit | edit source]
|Table + Chair[[Category: Table + Chair]]|
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Depth is measured at the level of the player's feet.
- The Depth Meter doesn't need to be equipped to function, it simply needs to sit in the player's inventory.
- The Depth Meter will not work if equipped in a vanity slot.
- Like the Watch, the Depth Meter is obtainable and equippable but does not actually do anything.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Depth Meter is useful for finding biomes that are generated at specific elevation ranges, such as Floating Islands, the Underground Jungle, and the Underworld.
- The Depth Meter can be used to avoid spawning Dungeon Guardians by staying above 0 depth.
History[edit | edit source]
- Sprite updated.
- Sell value increased from 20 to 25 .
- 1.2: Changed from being craftable to being dropped by Cave Bats.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.