The Depth Meter is an informational accessory that displays depth relative to 0 depth elevation. It is required to craft the GPS, which can then be used to craft PDA and the Cell Phone.
Depth is displayed as follows:
- On the Desktop version of the game, depth is measured in feet, with one tile equaling two feet.
- On the Console version, depth is measured in meters, with two tiles equaling one meter.
The Surface Layer begins at 0 depth elevation, and continues upward until it reaches the Space Layer. This "0 depth elevation" will be diplayed as "level" by the Depth Meter, GPS, PDA, and Cell Phone, and is known as "level elevation".
Currently uncraftable in the Desktop version.
It has a 1% (1 in 100) chance of being dropped by Cave Bats (0.5% in console/mobile versions), a 1.25% chance of being dropped by a Salamander and a 1% (1 in 100) chance of being dropped by Giant Bats and Giant Shelly. It also appears to be dropped from Jungle Bats and Ice Bats.
- Depth is measured at the level of the player's feet.
- The Depth Meter doesn't need to be equipped to function, it simply needs to sit in the player's inventory.
- The Depth Meter will not work if equipped in a vanity slot.
- The Depth Meter is obtainable and equippable but does not actually do anything.