|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Internal Item ID: 18|
The Depth Meter is an accessory that displays depth, or elevation, relative to the surface level. It has a 0.5% (1 in 200) chance of being dropped by Cave Bats and a 1% (1 in 100) chance of being dropped by Giant Bats and Giant Shelly. In the console version, the Depth Meter can also be crafted.
Depth is displayed as follows:
- On the PC version of the game, depth is measured in feet, with one tile equaling two feet.
- On the console version, depth is measured in meters, with two tiles equaling one meter.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Console Version[edit | edit source]
|Table + Chair|
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Depth is measured at the level of the character's feet.
- Depth is displayed as "level" when standing exactly at surface level.
- The surface level has an absolute position and is consistent across the entire world.
- The Depth Meter is obtainable and equippable but does not actually do anything.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Depth Meter is useful for finding biomes that are generated at specific elevation ranges, such as Floating Islands, the Underground Jungle, and the Underworld.
- The Depth Meter can be used to avoid spawning Dungeon Guardians by staying above the surface level.
History[edit | edit source]
- 22.214.171.124: Sell price increased to 25 .
- 1.2: Changed from being craftable to being dropped by Cave Bats.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.