Developer items are vanity items and Wings that were made for particular members of Terraria's development staff.
On the Desktop version, a random set of developer items can rarely (1/20 or 5% chance) drop from a Hardmode boss's Treasure Bag in an Expert Mode world.
On the Console version and Mobile version, developer items are unobtainable legitimately. If received through glitches, hacks, or inventory editors, the items, unlike the Desktop version before the 220.127.116.11 update, will not give any debuffs to the player and disappear upon exiting the world.
- All Developer's Wings have a flight time of 2.5 seconds.
- Some of the colouration on Arkhalis's clothes depends on the colour of the player's clothing.
- Developer items, along with the Suspicious Looking Tentacle and 0x33's Aviators, are the only expert mode-exclusive items that don't have the rainbow rarity.
- On mobile, developer items seem to disappear once you leave a world.
- Some items (unlisted) were used by the developers during game testing, and were removed from normal gameplay, making them unobtainable: Red Potion and Zapinator (the Zapinator was later released on 3DS).
- These were unobtainable before the 18.104.22.168 update, and if somehow worn they would inflict a variety of debuffs on the wearer, thus rendering them useless.
- 1.3.5: Added Arkhalis's clothes and Leinfors's clothes.
- 22.214.171.124: Red's Throw and Valkyrie Yoyo added to their respective sets.
- 126.96.36.199: Removed non-developer killing effect when worn in all modes.
- Removed non-developer killing effect when worn in Expert Mode.
- Now obtainable from Treasure Bags as a rare drop.
- Added Loki's, Yoraiz0r's, Lazure's and Skiph's armor sets.
- Red's wing no longer have infinite flight.
- Changed tooltip from "You shouldn't have this" to "Great for impersonating devs!"
- 188.8.131.52: Added non-developer killing effect.
- 1.2: Introduced, but unobtainable.