The Diabolist is a Hardmode enemy found in the post-Plantera Dungeon. They are most common in areas backed by Tiled Walls.
They rapidly teleport and fire blazing magic bolts that can travel through blocks. Their magic bolts explode, creating an "inferno" — a large flaming sphere that deals massive damage on contact. Like other Hardmode caster dungeon enemies, Diabolists teleport after each hit, making them more difficult to defeat.
They are immune to the Poisoned and Venom debuffs, but are vulnerable to Cursed Flames.
Like several other post-Plantera dungeon enemies, Diabolists have different variants with slightly different statistics.
- Diabolists follow the same pattern as Necromancers, but their shots go through solid blocks, so cover is not an option.
- A very effective weapon to use would be the Daybreak, or the Bone Javelin. They stick with it as it is teleporting, making them a lot easier.
- Weapons that deal high damage in single hits are effective against Diabolists. Weapons that fire multiple projectiles simultaneously may be able to land multiple hits before they teleport as well.
- Homing weapons can continue to track Diabolists after they teleport.
- Minions are effective against Diabolists, as they will automatically find and track enemies outside of the player's line of sight.
- The Piranha Gun is exceptionally good against Diabolists, as the piranha continues to latch on to it.
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Drop chance of Inferno Fork increased from 2.5% to 5%.
- 1.2: Introduced.