|| Gem – Crafting material
| Max stack
is a gem
found deep underground
, rarely appearing closer to the surface. The blocks they come from look like stone
with little light blue gems in them. They are the most valuable gem. There is a chance of discovering a larger pocket of diamonds containing about 20-60 in one spot. It is also found in underground snowy biomes, often mistaken for snow blocks.
A player encountering a deposit of Diamond
 Used in
- In real life, diamonds are a clear and usually colorless gemstone. In Terraria both the rocks they are mined from and the mined gems are cyan blue, mostly to increase their visibility. This suggests that diamonds in Terraria contain boron, as boron absorbs lower-energy red light, the light that streams through has a blue hue. Despite this, the six color specific items that can be crafted from it appear white. This however changed in 1.2, where they appear as a colourless gemstone. Oddly, the diamond is now in the shape of a finely cut one, despite being mined beforehand.
- 1.2: Stack limit increased from 99 to 999, can now be placed.
- 1.1: Sell cost reduced from 60 to 30 .
- 1.0.5: Now have a sparkle effect.
- 1.0.4: Sell value reduced.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.