|Tooltip||Magically moves dirt.|
|Buy / Sell||20 / 4|
The Dirt Rod is a unique magic tool that is used solely to move Dirt Blocks around the World. It can only be used on Dirt Blocks. Unlike the use of ordinary mining Tools and block placement, the Rod has essentially unlimited range, limited only by the game's screen size. The Dirt Rod is purchased from the Dryad.
- The Dirt Rod loses some of its usefulness once the Mechanic is found, as Mechanisms generally offer a more sophisticated method of constructing traps and fluid systems.
- Triggering traps: Allows you to trigger the trap from long range by removing dirt block, instead of having to mine the blocks from close range.
- Cavern exploration: Players can wall themselves in from danger and rearrange the area. This may include walling off passages and bridging lava pools.
- Fluid systems: Open or seal 'pipes' for Obsidian production.
- The Dirt Rod is also useful on multiplayer servers, if they are allowed.
- The Dirt Rod is useless at the moment on the Console versions of the game as the game will not allow you to move the cursor more than a few blocks away.