|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Shops have lower prices|
|Internal Item ID: 854|
The Discount Card is a Hardmode accessory that, when equipped, causes item prices in NPC inventories to be discounted by 20%. The discount also applies to Reforge costs. It has a 1/2000 chance (0.05%) to be dropped by Pirates during Pirate Invasions (but not from Parrots). It also has a 1% chance (1/100) to be dropped by the Flying Dutchman.
The card must be equipped before talking to an NPC in order to trigger discounts.
The Discount Card does not affect:
- Sell prices (when selling items to NPCs).
- Items repurchased after selling them (e.g.: Selling a Titan Glove for 2 will still cost 2 to take back).
- Items sold by the Tavernkeep for Defender Medals, like his sentry summon weapons.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This item is quite rare. It takes an average of 16-17 complete Pirate Invasions before it drops.
- The 20% off discount does not stack with the Greedy Ring's 20% off discount.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Likely a reference to The Pirates! An Adventure With Scientists known elsewhere as "Pirates! Band of Misfits", as the Pirate Captain is forced to hand over his World of Hooks Discount Card to the Pirate King upon being cast out of pirate society.