The Dryad is an NPC vendor that will spawn once the following criteria have been met:
- There is an empty House.
- You have killed one of the following bosses: Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds or Skeletron.
She will tell you the percentage of Corruption vs. Hallow in the game world. If the world has more Hallow than Corruption, she will say "Keep up the good work!". If there is more Corruption than Hallow, and at least 20% corruption, she will say "Things are grim indeed.". Otherwise she will say "You should try harder."
 Items sold
Once the Dryad has moved into a house, she will sell the following:
|Purification Powder||75||While not a Blood Moon.|
|Grass Seeds||20||While not a Blood Moon.|
|Sunflower||2||While not a Blood Moon.|
|Dirt Rod||20||Always available.|
|Vile Powder||1||During a Blood Moon.|
|Corrupt Seeds||5||During a Blood Moon.|
|Hallowed Seeds||20||If Wall of Flesh is defeated.|
- Even if your world has an equal % of Corruption and Hallow, she will still state that you are not trying hard enough.
- The Dryad will sometimes talk about how the Merchant keeps trying to sell her an Angel Statue (see quote below). However, if you go and talk to the Merchant he will sometimes deny selling Angel Statues, saying they are "junk".
- The Dryad appears to be wearing no clothing, wearing only leaves and vines.
- "Be safe; Terraria needs you!"
- "You must cleanse the world of this corruption."
- "The sands of time are flowing. And well, you are not aging very gracefully"
- "What's this about me having more 'bark' than bite?"
- "So two goblins walk into a bar, and one says to the other, 'Want to get a Goblet of beer?!'"
- "Why does [Name of Merchant] keep trying to seel me an angel statue? Everyone knows that they don't do anything." (Only if Merchant is present) ("seel" is misspelled "sell")
- "I wish [Name of Arms Dealer] would stop flirting with me. Doesn't he realize I'm 500 years old?" (Only if Arms Dealer is present)
- "Have you tried using purification powder on the ebonstone of the corruption?" (Only if Eater of Worlds has NOT been defeated)
- "Have you seen the old man walking around the dungeon? He doesn't look well at all..." (Only if Skeletron has NOT been defeated)
Only during a Blood Moon:
- "I sell what I want! If you don't like it, too bad."
- "Dude, is it just me or are there a million zombies out tonight?"
- "I don't want you to buy my stuff. I want you to want to buy my stuff, ok?"
- "Why do you have to be so confrontational during a time like this?"
- 1.1.1: Now Corruption and Hallow status numbers are correct.
- 1.1: Now has random name given to her on spawn. Her deaths will be reported with this name. Also other NPCs will use it in their quotes.
- The Dryad will now tell you the percentage of Corruption vs. Hallow in the game world.
- 1.0.5: Vile Powder and Corrupt Seeds were added to inventory. Choice of goods become time of the day and event dependent.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Arms Dealer • Clothier • Demolitionist • Dryad|
Guide • Merchant • Nurse
Mechanic • Goblin Tinkerer • Wizard