Dungeon Brick Walls are the background Walls found naturally-placed in Dungeons. There are 9 different varieties, chosen at random during world generation. A single Dungeon may contain several different types in different areas. The Faction Flags present in a given Dungeon area will correspond to the Dungeon Brick Wall variant found there.
Dungeon Brick Walls cannot be crafted, but can be freed and collected with a Hammer or Dynamite after Skeletron has been defeated. Like naturally-placed Dirt Walls, Dungeon Brick Walls can only be mined from one of their edges (meaning that the wall tiles to be mined must be adjacent to empty tiles). As with all walls, Dungeon Brick Walls collected and placed by players will prevent enemy spawns and can be used for valid NPC Housing.
The type of Dungeon Brick Wall present in an area of the Dungeon, as well as the Faction Flags found there, will indicate which types of Hardmode Dungeon enemies are most likely to spawn there after defeating Plantera. Enemies matching the wall type have a ~90% chance to spawn, while other enemies have ~5% chance. Faction Flags collected and placed by players will impact these spawns.
- There is now a 1 in 7 chance that a Hardmode Dungeon monster will spawn on any Hardmode Dungeon backwall.
- Blue Slab Walls are now detected as valid for Houses.
- 188.8.131.52: Walls can now only be removed (hammered out) if Skeletron has been defeated in that world.
- 1.2: Appearance changed, stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- 1.0.6: Can now be used for safe housing.
- 1.0.5: The Dungeon Brick Wall tiles had their brightness reduced.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.