Ectoplasm is a Hardmode endgame material. It is dropped from the Dungeon Spirit in the hardmode Dungeon after Plantera is defeated. Dungeon Spirits drop 1-2 Ectoplasm upon death. It is used to craft the Spectre armor and tools. To craft all Spectre equipment including the wings and both headgears in the PC version the player needs to acquire 136 Ectoplasm and 126 Chlorophyte Bars.
- Due to the difficulty of the Dungeon in hardmode, Hallowed Armor or higher is recommended when farming Ectoplasm. It may take multiple trips to acquire enough for all items.
- Ectoplasm is a very good source of cash, as each piece of ectoplasm is worth 50 .
- If you have enough spare Souls of Flight, it may be desirable to craft Ghost Wings instead of simply selling the ectoplasm, as each set of wings is worth 8 , while the components are worth 5 40 .
- As all Spectre items give a +3 range, using the Extendo Grip can be immensely useful with its own +3 vertical and +2 horizontal range.
- Ectoplasm is a fictitious ethereal substance appearing in games, movies, and books that ghosts, phantoms, and other entities leave in the mortal realm; usually when destroyed.
- 1.2.2: Now a crafting material for the Naughty Present.
- 1.2.1: Now a crafting material for the Pumpkin Moon Medallion and Ghost Wings.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|