Enchanted Sword (item)
|Use time||18 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an enchanted beam|
- For the Enchanted Sword enemy see: Enchanted Sword (NPC).
The Enchanted Sword is an extremely rare and hard-to-come-across melee weapon found by breaking a background item (appears as the hilt of a sword protruding from rock) found at the Cavern level. It is a direct upgrade to the Light's Bane. When used it will both perform a sword swing and fire a projectile at the current cursor location. Both the sword swing and the projectile do damage and generate light, making this a useful weapon for exploring caves. The Beam Sword seems to be a stronger version of this weapon.
The projectile will reload every 1-2 seconds, and the sword can't be continuously swung. The projectile is very bright, resembling the Enchanted Boomerang.
It should be stressed how hard-to-find this item is. Some worlds do not even spawn with one, and the ones that do are still very difficult to find, and can be in any crevice of any pocket of any area in the entire underground area. Trying to explore the Caverns randomly in hopes of finding one is likely to be futile without special world-viewing programs. It is suggested that the player "let the sword find them" instead of going through the trouble to find one that likely isn't there. Some players may even resort to map viewers to find it.
There are 2 different background objects that look similar but only one of them will drop the sword.
- The sword may be a reference to The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. In those games, the Master Sword could fire beams, was pulled from a pedestal, and there were fake swords in the route to the real one. Also, the sword design bears a strong resemblance to the Master Sword from those games.
- The idea of a sword being stuck into stone may be a reference to the story of The Sword and The Stone, in which King Arthur was the only person who was able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone. A sword named after Excalibur itself, the sword given to King Arthur by the Lady of the Lake, is also present in the game.
- The design bears strong resemblance to that of the Enchanted Boomerang.
- There can be more than one real enchanted sword background object in the same world.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam Projectiles||Enchanted Sword • Beam Sword • True Excalibur • True Night's Edge • Terra Blade|
|Other Projectiles||Ice Blade • Starfury • Bee Keeper • Ice Sickle • Chlorophyte Claymore • Chlorophyte Saber • Scourge of the Corruptor • Frostbrand • Christmas Tree Sword • Vampire Knives|