| Fake (left), real (right)
| PC/Console-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the console and PC version of Terraria.
- For the Enchanted Sword enemy see: Enchanted Sword (NPC).
The Enchanted Sword is an extremely rare sword. It fires a sword projectile that costs no ammunition or mana, and both the sword and projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. The sword cannot be auto-swung. Its projectiles can fire roughly every 1-2 seconds.
The Enchanted Sword can only be obtained by breaking a background item that has a chance of being generated randomly on world creation in the Cavern layer. The background item appears as the hilt of a sword protruding from rock. There are two different breakable background objects that look similar, but only one of them will drop the sword.
The Beam Sword seems to be a stronger version of this weapon.
- This sword and its projectile produce more light than most light-producing weapons. Although it shares a name and design with the Enchanted Boomerang, which emits similar light particles, the Enchanted Sword is brighter and its sparkles linger for a longer period.
- There can be more than one real Enchanted Sword background object in the same world. There can also be none at all.
- The best modifier is Legendary.
- The concept of a sword being stuck into stone originates from The Sword and The Stone, in which King Arthur was the only person who was able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone.
- The Enchanted Sword shares similarities to weapons from Legend of Zelda games, including the way it is obtained, the existence of fake swords, and the ability to fire sword-shaped projectiles.
- The design bears strong resemblance to that of the Enchanted Boomerang, along with their similar names.