Enchanted Sword (item)
|Use time||18 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an enchanted beam|
- For the Enchanted Sword enemy see: Enchanted Sword (NPC).
The Enchanted Sword is an extremely rare sword. It fires a sword projectile that costs no ammunition or mana, and both the sword and projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. The sword cannot be auto-swung. Its projectiles can fire roughly every 1-2 seconds.
The Enchanted Sword can only be obtained by breaking a background item that has a chance of being generated randomly on world creation in the Cavern layer. The background item appears as the hilt of a sword protruding from rock. There are two different breakable background objects that look similar, but only one of them will drop the sword.
The Beam Sword seems to be a stronger version of this weapon.
- This sword and its projectile produce more light than most light-producing weapons. Although it shares a name and design with the Enchanted Boomerang, which emits similar light particles, the Enchanted Sword is brighter and its sparkles linger for a longer period.
- There can be more than one real Enchanted Sword background object in the same world. There can also be none at all.
- The concept of a sword being stuck into stone originates from The Sword and The Stone, in which King Arthur was the only person who was able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone.
- The design bears strong resemblance to that of the Enchanted Boomerang.
- Given the matching motif of this sword and the enchanted boomerang, the concept of this sword could, instead, originate from the Legend of Zelda, in which Link pulls the master sword from the stone (and is also armed with an enchanted boomerang).
- The existence of a fake Enchanted Sword could be a reference to the fake Master Swords found in the Lost Woods in Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
- A third possible reference to Legend of Zelda is the projectiles fired from the sword. In multiple Legend of Zelda games, the Master Sword has the ability to fire magic projectiles.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam Projectiles||Enchanted Sword • Beam Sword • True Excalibur • True Night's Edge • Terra Blade|
|Other Projectiles||Ice Blade • Starfury • Bee Keeper • Ice Sickle • Chlorophyte Claymore • Chlorophyte Saber • Scourge of the Corruptor • Frostbrand • Christmas Tree Sword • Vampire Knives|