Enchanted Sword (item)
|Use time||18 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an enchanted beam|
- For the Enchanted Sword enemy see: Enchanted Sword (NPC).
The Enchanted Sword is an extremely rare sword. It fires a sword projectile that costs no ammunition or mana, and both the sword and projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. The sword cannot be auto-swung. Its projectiles can fire roughly every 1-2 seconds.
The Enchanted Sword can only be obtained by breaking a background item that has a chance of being generated randomly on world creation in the Cavern layer. The background item appears as the hilt of a sword protruding from rock. There are two different breakable background objects that look similar, but only one of them will drop the sword.
The Beam Sword seems to be a stronger version of this weapon.
- This sword and its projectile produce more light than most light-producing weapons. Although it shares a name and design with the Enchanted Boomerang, which emits similar light particles, the Enchanted Sword is brighter and its sparkles linger for a longer period.
- There can be more than one real Enchanted Sword background object in the same world. There can also be none at all.
- The concept of a sword being stuck into stone originates from The Sword and The Stone, in which King Arthur was the only person who was able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone.
- The design bears strong resemblance to that of the Enchanted Boomerang.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam Projectiles||Enchanted Sword • Beam Sword • True Excalibur • True Night's Edge • Terra Blade|
|Other Projectiles||Ice Blade • Starfury • Bee Keeper • Ice Sickle • Chlorophyte Claymore • Chlorophyte Saber • Scourge of the Corruptor • Frostbrand • Christmas Tree Sword • Vampire Knives|