Enchanted Sword (item)
|Use time||18 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an enchanted beam|
|Internal Item ID: 989|
- For the enemy of the same name, see Enchanted Sword (NPC).
The Enchanted Sword is an extremely rare sword. It fires a sword projectile that costs no ammunition or mana, and both the sword and projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. The sword cannot be auto-swung. Its projectiles can fire roughly every 1-2 seconds.
The Enchanted Sword can only be obtained by breaking a background item that has a chance of being generated randomly on world creation in the Cavern layer. The background item appears as the hilt of a sword protruding from rock. There are two different breakable background objects that look similar, but only one of them will drop the sword.
- There are no guarantees on the Enchanted Sword's background item being placed, meaning that there can be multiples in a single world, or none at all.
- The best modifier is Legendary.
- The concept of a sword being stuck into stone originates from The Sword and The Stone, in which King Arthur was the only person who was able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone.
- The Enchanted Sword shares similarities to weapons from Legend of Zelda games, including the way it is obtained, the existence of fake swords, and the ability to fire sword-shaped projectiles.
- The design bears strong resemblance to that of the Enchanted Boomerang, along with their similar names.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Projectile Melee Weapons |
|Beam swords||• • • •|
|Other Projectiles||• • • • • • • • • • •|