| Fake (left), real (right)
- For the enemy of the same name, see Enchanted Sword (NPC).
The Enchanted Sword is an extremely rare sword. It fires a sword projectile that costs no ammunition or mana, and both the sword and projectiles produce lingering sparks that emit large amounts of light. As of 1.3 the sword is auto-swung. Its projectiles can fire roughly every 1-2 seconds.
The Enchanted Sword can only be obtained by breaking a background item that has a chance of being generated randomly on world creation in the Cavern layer. The background item appears as the hilt of a sword protruding from rock. There are two different breakable background objects that look similar, but only one of them will drop the sword.
|Sword in Mini Biomes
| Sword in Mini Biomes, with the false shrine
| on the left and a true one on the right.
- As of 1.3, the sword can be found in an underground mini-biome, shown right.
- The best modifier is Legendary.
- The concept of a sword being stuck into stone originates from The Sword and The Stone, in which King Arthur was the only person who was able to pull a sword from its resting place in a stone.
- The Enchanted Sword shares similarities to weapons from Legend of Zelda games, including the way it is obtained, the existence of fake swords, and the ability to fire sword-shaped projectiles.
- The design bears strong resemblance to that of the Enchanted Boomerang, along with their similar names.
- 126.96.36.199: Swords can be found within Unique Mini Biome, buffed stats.
- 1.2: Introduced.