|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Damage||57 / 47 (Melee)|
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 368|
The Excalibur is a Hardmode sword crafted solely using Hallowed Bars, and comes out to be stronger than all the six initial Hardmode Ore swords. Like all Hallowed melee weapons, it emits a good deal of its own light, and a sparkle effect, when swung. It is capable of autoswing.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
Used In[edit | edit source]
All versions[edit | edit source]
Mobile and Console Version[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The player is unable to turn while swinging it, similar to the War Axe of the Night and The Breaker. This restriction does not apply to the Mobile version , however.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Excalibur is the mythical sword of King Arthur from Arthurian legends.
- The Enchanted Sword enemy shares the Excalibur's sprite design.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the Hallowed Bars is more profitable than selling Excalibur.
- The Excalibur is a very good early/mid Hardmode weapon, as it does a fair amount of damage once acquired. Its lack of range limits its use against bosses, however.
- Because of the 47 to 57 damage upgrade, reforging to Ruthless can get you up to 70 damage, though the lowered knockback may be an annoyance.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 47 to 57.
- Console-Release: Used in the crafting of the endgame sword Tizona.
- 1.1: Introduced.
| Hallowed gear |
|Bar • Drax • Pickaxe Axe • Pwnhammer Excalibur • Repeater • Gungnir • Optic Staff • Light Disc • Armor|