The Excalibur is a Hardmode sword crafted solely using Hallowed bars, and comes out to be stronger than all the six initial Hardmode Ore swords. Like all Hallowed melee weapons, it emits a good deal of its own light with a sparkle effect when swung. It is capable of autoswing
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Console and Mobile Versions[edit | edit source]
- The player is unable to turn while swinging Excalibur, similar to the War Axe of the Night and The Breaker. This can be useful because you can walk while swinging backwards.
- Selling the Hallowed Bars is more profitable than selling Excalibur.
- The Excalibur is a very good early/mid Hardmode weapon, as it does a fair amount of damage once acquired. Its lack of range limits its use against bosses, however.
- Because of the 47 to 57 damage upgrade, reforging to Ruthless can get you up to 70 damage, though the lowered knockback may be an annoyance.
- Before 1.2 it was the strongest sword.