|Tooltip||Explodes on impact|
|Internal Item ID: 1351|
Exploding Bullets are one of 6 types of craftable ammunition made from Empty Bullets, which are sold by Arms Dealer after Hardmode has been enabled. These bullets detonate upon contact with an enemy or terrain, causing small splash damage, and knockback, to all enemies caught within the blast radius, even through walls.
The cost of a stack of 50 Exploding Bullets is 13 50 , or 27 per round. The cost of crafting 1000 rounds of ammunition (20 stacks of 50) is 2 70 .
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Care must be taken when fighting close quarters as they will harm the player if too close. This is hazardous, when using strong enough weapons, as damage could reach over 250 hitpoints, just as though it is the same against others, especially when using the Sniper Rifle.
- When fired rapidly, from certain guns, most prominently the Clockwork Assault Rifle, Exploding Bullets may sometimes pass through enemies unharmed. This also occurs with Hellfire Arrows probably due to the nature of explosive and piercing projectiles.
- Exploding Bullets do not damage town NPCs.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Exploding Bullets are reasonably powerful Bullets with a small area of effect and strong Knockback, making them good for engaging large groups of enemies.
- Due to the area-of-effect of Exploding Bullets, they are especially effective against segmented enemies, such as worms.
- Like most explosives, when the bullet explodes on a surface, particles will fall, lighting up the ground beneath it, useful for locating ores and caves.
- Exploding Bullets can be extremely useful in early Hardmode, as they are easy to obtain and possess exceptional knockback.
- The Tactical Shotgun works incredibly well with these, effectively clearing out large, compact groups very quickly.
- Because Explosive Bullets inflict PvP deaths, you can effectively use the splash damage to purposefully kill yourself to respawn at full HP. You will save coins, but lose buffs.
History[edit | edit source]
| Bullets |
|Musket Ball • Crystal • Silver • Meteor Shot • Party • Golden • High Velocity Nano • Exploding • Chlorophyte • Cursed • Ichor • Venom • Luminite • Endless Musket Pouch|