|Dimensions||3 wide ˣ 3 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip|| Turns silt/slush/fossils into something more useful|
'To use: Place silt/slush/fossils in the extractinator'
|Internal Item ID: 997|
|Internal Tile ID: 219|
The Extractinator is an item that turns Silt, Slush and Desert Fossils into more valuable items such as ores, coins, and gems. It can be found rarely in Gold Chests and Wooden Crates and occasionally in Ice Chests (each Ice Chest has approximately a 5% chance of containing one). Another way to obtain it is to locate one standing in Underground Cabins within the Underground Desert. To use the Extractinator, first place it in the world, then place applicable blocks (Silt, Slush or Desert Fossil) directly on the Extractinator within its 3×3 frame, and the Extractinator will spit out coins, gems, or ores.
Possible items[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is indeed possible to obtain the alternates to the world-generated ores, e.g. if a world was generated with Gold Ore, the Extractinator may produce Platinum Ore (which is otherwise not created in that world).
- When coins are received, there is a chance to gain any of 4 different coins: Copper, Silver, Gold, Platinum. It is possible to receive a number of each coin from 1-104. Copper appears more frequently than Silver, Silver appears much more frequently than Gold, and Platinum is extremely rare.
- This will not provide Hardmode ores even if the world is in Hardmode. It will not produce high-tier pre-hardmode ores such as demonite either.
- Getting Platinum coins is rarer than the Amber Mosquito.
- The Brick Layer and Architect Gizmo Pack are useful for processing silt, slush and fossils more quickly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When moused over on the map, its name appears as "Silt Extractinator".
History[edit | edit source]
- Can now be found in fishing crates.
- Can now process Desert Fossils.
- 1.2.3: Now only consumes one silt/slush block. Instead of consuming 2 blocks, extractinating has a chance of giving a smaller amount of money.
- 1.2: Introduced.