|Type||Potion – Light Source|
|Tooltip||Summons a magical fairy|
The Fairy Bell is a Hardmode magic item that grants the player the Fairy buff, which summons a glowing creature resembling a Pixie that follows the character and provides light (much like the Shadow Orb, though faster, brighter, and colored). The color of the Fairy is chosen at random from blue, green, and red, and depending on the Lighting Mode, will cast a matching color of light. The Fairy Bell consumes no Mana as of 1.2.
The Fairy Bell has an infinite duration, unless you die. This makes this tool valuable when exploring caves, as you don't have to pull out torches or glow sticks to see. The blue fairy's light is the easiest to see.
If the fairy gets too far away from the player, it will teleport to their location. The fairy can pass through objects. A new random color can be chosen by re-summoning the Fairy.
The Fairy is faster and brighter than the Shadow Orb, and so can be considered a direct upgrade.
|Soul of Sight||20|
|Soul of Light||12|
- The fairy could be a reference to some games from the Legend of Zelda series, specifically Phantom Hourglass, where players had access to 3 different colours of Fairies, depending on what "Section" of the Triforce they were working with: Power, Wisdom, or Courage.
- The colors of the fairies could be a reference to the three goddesses (from which the colors of the Triforce/the faries in Phantom Hourglass come) in Zelda: Nayru, Din, and Farore.
- This could also be a reference to Walt Disney's Peter Pan and other cassical neverland tales, where fairies can be "summoned" using a Bell.
- 184.108.40.206: No Longer says "5 minute duration" in its tooltips.
- No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- No longer requires mana.
- Duration made infinite until dismissed directly by player by right-clicking on Fairy icon under toolbar.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Archery • Battle • Featherfall • Gills • Gravitation • Hunter • Invisibility |
Ironskin • Magic Power • Mana Regeneration • Night Owl • Obsidian Skin
Regeneration • Shine • Spelunker • Swiftness • Thorns • Water Walking
Flasks (Cursed Flames • Fire • Gold • Ichor • Nanites • Party • Poison • Venom)