| Fairy Bell
|| Potion – Light Source
| Max stack
| Use time
|| Summons a magical fairy
The Fairy Bell is a Hardmode item that summons a glowing creature resembling a Pixie (the Fairy buff), which follows the player and provides light for an infinite duration. It functions identically to the Shadow Orb, except that it is faster, brighter, and colored. The summoned Fairy will be blue, green, or red, chosen at random each time it is summoned. The Fairy Bell can be used limitlessly, consumes no Mana, and cannot be Reforged.
The Fairy is faster and brighter than the Shadow Orb, and so can be considered a direct upgrade. The Wisp in a Bottle can be considered an upgrade from the Fairy Bell.
- If the fairy falls too far behind, it will teleport to the player's location. It can pass through all blocks and objects.
- A new random color can be chosen by re-summoning the Fairy.
Unlike the Shadow Orb
, you cannot 'buff' yourself with this item using the shortcut keys for Quick Buff (Possibly a bug).
- The Fairy could be a reference to games from the Legend of Zelda series, such as Phantom Hourglass, where players had access to 3 different Fairy colors.
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed bug where you could have Fairy Bell and other light pets up simultaneously.
- 1.2.3: Fixed bug where fairy bell would not sync properly in multiplayer. Fixed bug where fairy bell fairy color would not save / load.
- 188.8.131.52: No Longer says "5 minute duration" in its tooltips.
- No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- No longer requires mana.
- Duration made infinite until dismissed directly by player by right-clicking on Fairy icon under toolbar.
- 1.1: Introduced.