| Fairy Bell
|| Light Pet
| Max stack
| Use time
|| Summons a magical fairy
| Grants buff
| Buff duration
| Buff tooltip
|| A fairy is following you
| Internal Item ID: 425
The Fairy Bell is a Hardmode Light Pet summoning item that summons a glowing creature resembling a Pixie (the Fairy buff), which follows the player and provides light for an infinite duration. The summoned Fairy can be either red, green or blue, chosen randomly each time the item is used. The Fairy Bell can be used indefinitely, consumes no Mana, and cannot be Reforged. While the summoned Fairy does not count as a minion, the Fairy Bell cannot be used in conjunction with any other Light Pet and will overwrite any of these buffs on activation.
The Fairy is faster and brighter than the Shadow Orb, but not as fast or bright as the Wisp in a Bottle.
Console and Mobile versions[edit | edit source]
- If the fairy falls too far behind, it will teleport to the player's location. It can pass through all blocks and objects.
- A new random color can be chosen by re-summoning the Fairy.
- If the Fairy is dyed, the light it casts on walls will remain the original random color of the Fairy, instead of the new dyed color.
- Like the Pixie, the fairy summoned by the Fairy Bell is similar to fairies in the Legend of Zelda series, in which fairies are spheres of colored light with wings.
- 188.8.131.52: Crafting requirements lowered.
- Fixed bug where you could have Fairy Bell and other light pets up simultaneously.
- Fixed the Fairy Bell buff from breaking Quick Buff.
- 1.2.3: Fixed bug where fairy bell would not sync properly in multiplayer. Fixed bug where fairy bell fairy color would not save / load.
- 184.108.40.206: No Longer says "5 minute duration" in its tooltips.
- No longer requires Gold Bars to craft.
- No longer requires mana.
- Duration made infinite until dismissed directly by player by right-clicking on Fairy icon under toolbar.
- 1.1: Introduced.