|Type||Crafting material – Ammunition|
|Tooltip||Disappears after the sunrise|
Fallen Stars are stars that randomly fall from the sky at Night and disappear at dawn (4:30 AM). They are used to craft Mana Crystals, which permanently increase a player's maximum Mana by 20 points. They are also used in a variety of crafting recipes and as Ammunition for the Star Cannon. Fallen Stars can be stored in ammo slots.
Fallen Stars provide a source of light while on the ground, making them easy to spot at night. They cannot be placed by the player as permanent light sources, but can be combined with a bottle to craft the Star in a Bottle. They will disappear if dropped by a player during the day, but can remain in a player's inventory indefinitely.
Fallen Stars have a chance to hit enemies when they fall, dealing approximately 1,000 damage. They do not damage players, rather passing through them.
 Used in
- Unlike most items collected as drops, Fallen Stars fall all over the World at night, even in areas far from the player. Traveling a far distance a few minutes prior to dawn will allow the player to collect the Fallen Stars, easily netting a large supply.
- A simple method for harvesting Fallen Stars is to construct long straight sections of ground to run along at night. A skybridge also works well, though sky bridges have the disadvantage of catching meteorites and reducing the amount of Meteorite ore the player can collect.
- To pass Fallen Stars to a friend at day time, transfer it using a chest, since throwing it directly (no matter what) will make it vanish during the day.
- If the player inventory is full, Fallen Star can be moved to Ammo slot for one extra space, if one ammo slot is empty.
- If you "give" a Fallen Star to the Guide to see what items can be made with it, then walk away without putting it back in your inventory, it will be considered dropped and vanish. To avoid this, only give him one of a stack or turn Autopause on so that you can't walk away.
- It is possible for a Fallen Star to hit the ground even after dawn has broken. This results in the Fallen Star hitting the ground and immediately disappearing.
- If a stack of Fallen stars is sold and then rebought by holding right click, it will duplicate 1 star and give a stack of 100 stars. This can be done multiple times, giving the chance to farm money from it. As Fallen Stars are only 1 silver it is a very slow method of getting money.
- It is possible to attack with fallen stars, even though it's pointless and they do only 1 damage.
- Fallen stars are mostly used to craft magic items.so if you are a mage try collecting these as you can.
- 1.2.3: Used to craft Super Mana Potions instead of Lesser Mana Potions.
- 1.2: Recipe for Star in a Bottle added.
- 1.1: No longer consumable for restoring 20 mana.
- 1.0.6: Consumption will now trigger the Potion Sickness debuff.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.