|Type||Crafting material – Ammunition|
|Tooltip||Disappears after the sunrise|
Fallen Stars are stars that randomly fall from the sky at Night and disappear at dawn (4:30 AM). They are used to craft Mana Crystals, which permanently increase a player's maximum Mana by 20 points. They are also used in a variety of crafting recipes and as Ammunition for the Star Cannon. Fallen Stars can be stored in ammo slots.
Fallen Stars provide a source of light while on the ground, making them easy to spot at night. They cannot be placed by the player as permanent light sources, but can be combined with a bottle to craft the Star in a Bottle. They will disappear if dropped by a player during the day, but can remain in a player's inventory indefinitely.
Fallen Stars have a chance to hit enemies when they fall, dealing 1,000 damage. They do not damage players, rather passing through them.
 Used in
- Unlike most items collected as drops, Fallen Stars fall all over the World at night, even in areas far from the player. Traveling a far distance a few minutes prior to dawn will allow the player to collect the Fallen Stars, easily netting a large supply.
- A simple method for harvesting Fallen Stars is to construct long straight sections of ground to run along at night. A skybridge also works well, though skybridges have the disadvantage of catching meteorites and reducing the amount of Meteorite ore the player can collect.
- It is possible for a Fallen Star to hit the ground even after dawn has broken. This results in the Fallen Star hitting the ground and immediately disappearing.
- 1.2: Recipe for Star in a Bottle added.
- 1.1: No longer consumable that restores 20 mana.
- 1.0.6: Consumption will now trigger the Potion Sickness debuff.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.