The Fire Imp is a Caster enemy found only in the The Underworld. It shoots a volley of Burning Spheres which go through tiles, but can be halted by the swing of a weapon. These spheres can inflict the On Fire! debuff if they land.
The Fire Imp will pause for a few seconds after firing 3 times, offering a good opportunity for attack, then teleport to another location nearby. It will also pause if it gets hit. It will follow you by teleporting if you try to flee (unless you teleport away with a Magic Mirror, reach a depth of 0ft, or die).
- Fire Imps take no damage from lava.
- Fire Imps are immune to the On Fire! debuff.
- Fire Imps require a target space of 4 blocks high by 3 blocks wide to teleport into a location, while they can spawn in a 3 block high by 2 block wide space that is off screen.
- While not attacking, the Fire Imp wags its tail.
- A longer delay was added between the 3-shot volley and the next teleport.
- Fire Imps are no longer damaged by lava.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.