is a type of Herb
which appears as a small, magma-colored flower. It grows on Ash Blocks
in the Underworld
and can be cut with virtually any weapon or tool. You can also plant it in Clay Pots
, on Planter Boxes
, or on Ash Blocks using Fireblossom Seeds
As of version 1.3, Fireblossom will bloom when the sun is setting, from 3:45 PM to 7:30 PM. Pending another update, console and mobile versions of Terraria still require that Fireblossom plants are at least partially submerged in lava, but they will bloom any time of day once they are submerged. A blooming Fireblossom will take on an appearance like the one in the adjacent picture. A blooming Fireblossom will also shoot a stream of sparks into the air.
- Fireblossom will naturally grow on any Ash block, not just in the Underworld. If you place Ash Blocks anywhere in the world, there is a chance wild Fireblossoms will sprout.
- The Fireblossom item as well as Fireblossom Seeds are naturally immune to Lava.
- Fireblossom will not bloom if the weather is rainy, regardless of the time of day.
- 18.104.22.168: Fixed fireblossoms not fiercely glowing when in bloom.
- 22.214.171.124: Now blooms during sunset. No longer blooms while submerged in lava.
- 126.96.36.199: Fixed a bug where the map was drawing Fireblossom incorrectly.
- 1.0.6: Spawn rate increased.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.