|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Tooltip||Allows flight and slow fall|
Equipping Wings generally replaces jumps entirely with flight, rather than requiring a double-jump to activate. Flight is much more controlled with Wings than with Rocket Boots or Spectre Boots alone, and allow for much greater flight range. Flight time is reset when the player stands on blocks, or grabs a block with Grappling Hooks or the Climbing Claws.
There are currently 37 types of Wings, one of which is exclusive to the console and mobile versions. Flight time and speed vary by type.
Types[edit | edit source]
- See Guide:Wing comparison for an illustration of the various flight heights achievable with Wings and other equipment.
All developer wings, with the exception of Cenx's wings, have 1:240 drop chance (Cenx's wings have 1:120)
| Horizontal Flight
|Angel Wings||20 + 10 + 25||1.67||53||108%|
|Demon Wings||20 + 10 + 25||1.67||53||108%|
|Sparkly Wings|| 15 + 10 + 10
or Dryad (40 )
|Fin Wings||Quest reward from Angler.||1.67||53||0%||
|Jetpack|| Sold by Steampunker (40 )
during moon phases 5-8.
|Bee Wings||20 + 1||2.17||67||125%|
|Butterfly Wings||20 + 1||2.17||67||125%||
|Fairy Wings||20 + 100||2.17||67||125%||
|Bat Wings||20 + 1||2.33||72||0%|
|Harpy Wings||20 + 1||2.33||72||133%|
|Bone Wings||20 + 1||2.33||72||133%|
|Will's Wings|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|Crowno's Wings|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|D-Town's Wings|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|Cenx's Wings|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|Yoraiz0r's Spell|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|Loki's Wings|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|Jim's Wings|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|Skiphs's Paws|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|Red's Wings|| Hardmode Treasure Bag
|Mothron Wings|| Dropped by Mothron
(Solar Eclipse) post-Plantera
|Leaf Wings|| Sold by Witch Doctor (1 )
in Jungle at night in Hardmode
|Frozen Wings||20 + 1||2.67||81||150%||
|Flame Wings||20 + 1||2.67||81||150%||
|Spectre Wings||20 + 10 / 10||2.67||81||150%||
|Beetle Wings||20 + 8||2.67||81||150%||
|Hoverboard||20 + 18||2.83||86||108%||
|Festive Wings|| Dropped by
Everscream (Frost Moon)
|Spooky Wings||20 + 1||3||91||150%|
|20 + 1||3||91||150%||
| Sold by Steampunker
(1 ) post-Golem
|Vortex Booster||10 + 14||2.67||106||117%||
|Stardust Wings||10 + 14||3.33||110||83%||
|Fishron Wings|| Dropped by Duke Fishron
(1:15 / 1:10 chance)
|Nebula Mantle||10 + 14||3||165||0%||
|Solar Wings||10 + 14||3||167||200%||
- All Wings can be sold for 8 , except for the Fin Wings (10 ), and Leaf Wings (20 ).
Notes[edit | edit source]
|All bottle accessories||no boost|
||All balloon accessories.||+30% ascent speed|
||Rocket boot accessories.||+42% duration|
|Moon Charm||+4% ascent speed|
|Frog Leg||+48% ascent speed|
- Wings work under Water.
- Multiple Wings will not stack flight ability. Only those in the lowest accessory slot will function.
- Some jump-boosting accessories do stack with Wings to boost flight (see chart to the right).
- Wings are always visible when equipped, except when using other equipment that adds graphics to the player's back, like the Leaf Blower or Turtle Scale Mail. They fold into a low-profile image when not in flight.
- When one Wing type is placed in a vanity (social) slot and the other in an accessory slot, the full animation of the vanity Wings are shown, along with any lighting and particle effects. Flight speed and other functional characteristics follow those in the accessory slot.
- Horizontal speed bonuses are listed as the bonus value added to horizontal speed when gliding while holding
Tips[edit | edit source]
- An Ice Rod can be used to lay blocks of ice to land in mid air, making it possible to remain in the air almost indefinitely.
- The slow-fall effect of Featherfall Potion or an Umbrella will stack with Wing glide, allowing for very long glides after flight time has been exhausted.
- By using the Bundle of Balloons, Frog Leg, Fishron Wings, Frostspark Boots, Flying Carpet, and Featherfall Potion, the player can attain a total maximum of ~1400 tiles of flight distance.
- The Leaf Wings can actually be obtained very early in hard mode, allowing earlier wings to be skipped over to save time and resources. However, they have a very high reforge cost compared to other wings.
- The Frozen Wings can be obtained for a little more work than the Leaf Wings while retaining the normal reforging costs shared by most other wings.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Most Wing types make the same sound when flapping, with some exceptions marked above.
- Some Mounts also grant flight ability, some with infinite flight time (all Wings provide only temporary flight).
- You need 300 (320 on Console) Souls of Flight to obtain all craftable Wings, and 2 40 (1 80 on Console) to buy the purchased Wings.
History[edit | edit source]
- Mothron Wings are now obtainable, dropped by Mothron, after Plantera has been defeated.
- Red's Wings no longer let you "noclip" (fly through blocks).
- All previously unobtainable Wings are now obtainable:
- Steampunk Wings now sold by the Steampunker.
- Developer Wings now obtained from Treasure Bags, and no longer inflict debuffs.
- Red's Wings no longer have infinite flight time.
- Ghost Wings now require Spectre Bars to craft, instead of Ectoplasm, are now called Spectre Wings, and have increased in rarity.
- Mothron Wings, Solar Wings, Nebula Mantle, Stardust Wings, and Vortex Booster introduced.
- All previously unobtainable Wings are now obtainable:
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed bug where Wing time would go into infinity if you held the Rocket Boots equipped.
- 1.2.4: Fin Wings and Fishron Wings added. Fixed bug where wings wouldn't work after getting out of water with Merman accessories equipped.
- 18.104.22.168: You can only equip one pair of wings at a time.
- Wings can now be worn in Vanity slots and dyed.
- Beetle Wings added.
- Ghost Wings's rarity increased from 5 to 7.
- Fixed bug where wings appear too high when on a mount, made hoverboard not appear on a mount.
- Fixed bug where wing items showed on player's back when in merman form.
- 1.2.2: Festive Wings added.
- 22.214.171.124: Hoverboard added. Flame and Frozen Wings now fade when stealthed.
- 1.2.1: Spooky Wings and Tattered Fairy Wings added. Ghost Wings now need 10 ectoplasm to craft.
- 1.2: 11 new acquirable wing types added: Jetpack, Fairy, Butterfly, Bee, Bat, Bone, Harpy, Ghost, Flame, Frozen, Leaf. New developer-only Wings added. Steampunk Wings also added, but unobtainable.
- 1.1: Angel Wings and Demon Wings introduced.
| Post-Plantera entities |
|Accessories||Celestial Stone • Festive Wings • Ghost Wings • Hercules Beetle • Hoverboard • Master Ninja Gear • Necromantic Scroll • Papyrus Scarab • Pygmy Necklace • Rifle Scope • Sniper Scope • Spooky Wings • Sun Stone • Tabi • Tattered Fairy Wings • Solar Wings • Vortex Booster • Nebula Mantle • Stardust Wings|
|Armor||Beetle armor • Shroomite armor • Spectre armor • Tiki armor • Spooky armor • Solar Flare armor • Vortex armor • Nebula armor • Stardust armor|
|Bosses||Golem • Mourning Wood • Pumpking • Everscream • Santa-NK1 • Ice Queen • Martian Saucer • Lunatic Cultist • Celestial Tower • Moon Lord|
|Crafting||Autohammer • Ancient Manipulator • Lihzahrd Furnace • Ectoplasm • Spectre Bar • Shroomite Bar • Spooky Wood • Beetle Husk • Luminite Bar • Solar Fragment • Vortex Fragment • Nebula Fragment • Stardust Fragment|
|Enemies||Blue Armored Bones • Bone Lee • Diabolist • Dungeon Spirit • Flying Snake • Giant Cursed Skull • Hell Armored Bones • Lihzahrd • Necromancer • Paladin • Ragged Caster • Skeleton Commando • Skeleton Sniper • Tactical Skeleton|
|Events||Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon • Martian Madness • Lunar Event|
|Tools||Picksaw • The Axe • Shroomite Digging Claw • Spectre Pickaxe • Spectre Hamaxe • Spectre Paintbrush • Spectre Paint Roller • Spectre Paint Scraper • Laser Drill • Solar Flare Pickaxe • Solar Flare Axe • Solar Flare Hamaxe • Solar Flare Hammer • Solar Flare Drill • Solar Flare Chainsaw • Vortex Pickaxe • Vortex Axe • Vortex Hamaxe • Vortex Hammer • Vortex Drill • Vortex Chainsaw • Nebula Pickaxe • Nebula Axe • Nebula Hamaxe • Nebula Hammer • Nebula Drill • Nebula Chainsaw • Stardust Pickaxe • Stardust Axe • Stardust Hamaxe • Stardust Hammer • Stardust Drill • Stardust Chainsaw • Drill Containment Unit|
|Weapons||Bat Scepter • Blizzard Staff • Candy Corn Rifle • Chain Gun • Christmas Tree Sword • Elf Melter • Flower Pow • Grenade Launcher • Golem Fist • Heat Ray • Inferno Fork • Jack 'O Lantern Launcher • Keybrand • Leaf Blower • Magnet Sphere • Nettle Burst • North Pole • Paladin's Hammer • Piranha Gun • Possessed Hatchet • Proximity Mine Launcher • Pulse Bow • Pygmy Staff • Rainbow Gun • Raven Staff • Razorpine • Rocket Launcher • Scourge of the Corruptor • Shadowbeam Staff • Sniper Rifle • Snowman Cannon • Spectre Staff • Staff of Earth • Stake Launcher • Stynger • Staff of the Frost Hydra • The Horseman's Blade • Vampire Knives • Venus Magnum • Wasp Gun • Laser Machinegun • Xenopopper • Electrosphere Launcher • Charged Blaster Cannon • Influx Waver • Solar Eruption • Daybreak • Vortex Beater • Phantasm • Nebula Arcanum • Nebula Blaze • Stardust Cell Staff • Stardust Dragon Staff • Star Wrath • Celebration • Last Prism • Lunar Flare • Rainbow Crystal Staff • Lunar Portal Staff • S.D.M.G. • Terrarian • Meowmere|
|Other Items||Temple Key • Biome Key Mold • Biome Key • Wisp in a Bottle|