|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Use time||20 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 2611|
The Flairon is a Hardmode melee weapon that auto-fires a ball-and-chain about 25 tiles from the player, and releases homing bubble projectiles that damage enemies. The Flairon has a 1/5 chance of being dropped by Duke Fishron.
Although graphically resembling a Flail, the Flairon is more similar in function to the Chain Knife, the KO Cannon or Golem Fist. It is not affected by gravity, does not remain deployed when holding the fire button, and cannot be swung around. Rather, holding the fire button causes it to auto-fire repeatedly, returning and re-firing when it impacts or reaches its maximum range.
The best Modifier for the Flairon is Godly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Flairon will emit a bubble every 1/20th of a second while it is out. Because of this, it is beneficial to try and run away from the direction you throw it in, to maximize the damage output, or even to miss your target on purpose.
- Like most projectiles, the Flairon moves slower in liquids. However, as it emits bubbles while deployed, increasing the time it remains extended also increases its damage output.
- Although the bubbles do the same damage as the Flairon head, unlike the head, they will not inflict Flask debuffs.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because the Flairon produces the bubbles while it is being swung, it is more effective if aimed slightly away from desired targets. The bubbles do the same amount of damage as the main projectile but have the additional bonus of homing and frequency.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The developers have referred to the Flairon as the "Flailron" in patch notes.
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Sell price increased from 2 to 5 . Flairon’s chain will now go back faster if it is too far and disappear if it still cannot catch up.
- 1.2.4: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
| Flails |
| Chain Knife • Ball O' Hurt • The Meatball • Blue Moon • Anchor • Sunfury|
KO Cannon • Dao of Pow • Flower Pow • Golem Fist • Flairon • Solar Eruption