|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 2611|
The Flairon is a Hardmode melee weapon that auto-fires a ball-and-chain about 25 tiles from the player, and releases homing bubble projectiles that damage enemies. The Flairon has a 1/5 chance of being dropped by Duke Fishron.
Although graphically resembling a Flail, the Flairon is more similar in function to the Chain Knife or Golem Fist. It is not affected by gravity, does not remain deployed when holding the fire button, and cannot be swung around. Rather, holding the fire button causes it to auto-fire repeatedly, returning and re-firing when it impacts or reaches its maximum range.
The best Modifier for the Flairon is Godly.
- The Flairon will emit a bubble every 1/20th of a second while it is out. Because of this, it is beneficial to try and run away from the direction you throw it in, to maximize the damage output.
- Like most projectiles, the Flairon moves slower in liquids. Combined with the Fishron wings and Diving Gear of any tier, swimming towards the throw underwater will make the Flairon remarkably deadly.
- It can go through two 1-thick walls if you place it carefully.
- Although the bubbles do the same damage, they don't inflict Flask debuffs like ichor.
- Because the Flairon produces the bubbles while it is being swung, it is more effective if aimed slightly away from desired targets. The bubbles do the same amount of damage as the main projectile but have the additional bonus of homing and frequency.
- Traveling away from a returning Flairon can increase the duration of its bubble production.
- The Flairon is effective against Duke Fishron. You can rely on the homing bubbles to take out its projectiles and the main boss itself while focusing on dodging, and still kill the boss relatively fast.
- The Flairon is highly effective against the Dungeon Guardian when combined with the Fishron wings and a wide open area, due to the fact that you can fly faster than the skull can fly and the bubbles from the Flairon spawn relatively quickly, making the Dungeon Guardian an easy kill in 3 minutes time.
- "Flairon" seems to be a portmanteau of the words "Flail" and "Fishron".
- The developers have referred to the Flairon as the "Flailron" in patch notes.
- 220.127.116.11: Sell price increased from 2 to 5 . Flairon’s chain will now go back faster if it is too far and disappear if it still cannot catch up.
- 1.2.4: Introduced.
| Flails |
| Chain Knife • Ball O' Hurt • The Meatball • Blue Moon • Anchor • Sunfury|
KO Cannon • Dao of Pow • Flower Pow • Golem Fist • Flairon