|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Uses gel for ammo|
For a standard Flamethrower, every click of the attack button consumes one Gel, and generates five "lines" of fire in quick succession, that can be spread over an area by moving the mouse while firing. With some Modifiers that increase firing speed (eg. Unreal and Rapid), each attack consumes two gel and fires six lines.
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
|Soul of Fright||20|
|Illegal Gun Parts||1|
- Water stops the Flamethrower's projectiles, although it will hit enemies just under the surface of the Water, and it will not fire at all while under water. The Flamethrower will fire into Lava, but will not fire from within Lava.
- If shot at a 1-block thick floor from below, enemies walking on top will take damage.
- The Frost Moon event adds the Elf Melter, an indirect upgrade of the Flamethrower.
- Because this weapon uses plenty of Gel, one could make a gel farm using Slime Statues to easily farm Gel for ammunition.
- Flamethrowers are exceptional for boss fights, especially against The Destroyer, because the Flamethrower can hit multiple segments at once.
- The flamethrower has an extremely long reach, making it very useful in PvP.
- Although five to six shots can be fired per press, firing six shots at the same enemies are likely to only cause three hits on each enemy, which should be kept in mind so as not to waste gel.
- A flamethrower with the 'slow' modifier may actually be better, as it does not consume as much gel but has around the same DPS.
- With that in mind, Powerful may be its best prefix
- Another easy way to gather lots of gel is to slay the King Slime,since it drops a lot of gel and would be easily killed by hardmode weapons.
- 126.96.36.199: Flamethrower projectiles are no longer considered magic.
- 1.2: Recipe no longer requires Copper Bars or Cursed Flames.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Iron and Lead|
|Toilet • Bathtub • Fence|
Anvil • Sawmill • Cooking Pot • Chain
Chest • Barrel • Trash Can • Lamp Post
Empty Bucket • Grappling Hook • Flamethrower
Mechanical Eye • Mechanical Skull • Mechanical Worm
Inlet Pump • Outlet Pump