From Terraria Wiki
The default controls are listed below. These can be changed from the Settings menu on the Title Screen.
- To remove one item from a stack, right click on it. Hold down the right mouse button to increase the number of items to be removed from the stack.
- To place objects directly from your inventory, left click to select the item, then left click to place it or right click to discard it.
- To place objects directly from your inventory into the Trash Can hold shift down whilst clicking the item. This can be used to quickly free up space in your inventory.
- To interact with an NPC or read a sign, approach close enough that a speech bubble appears on the target when you move the mouse cursor to it. Then click the right mouse button.
- When buying items from an NPC, hold down the right mouse button to increase the number of items purchased.
- Right-clicking on a Social slot will swap it with its corresponding Armor slot.
- When crafting, hold down the right mouse button to rapidly craft a number of items (the speed increases as long as you hold down the button).
- To interact with openable items or torches, right click on it.
- If you change the "Throw" command to quotations ("), the game will refer to them as OemQuotes.
- Keybindings will no longer sometimes be set to "None" automatically.
- Items Pulsate when hold on the mouse cursor so they stand out against other items on the UI.
- Items move freely and rotate when falling after being dropped or thrown.
- F7 shows game debug information.
- F8 shows connectivity debug information.
- F9 changes lighting setting.
- Added 'Auto Select' hotkey.
- Added ability to place items directly from open inventory.
- Added hotkeys for quickly drinking healing, mana, and buff potions. The healing/mana potion you use is based on the same principle arrows are. Topleft most item first. The buff potions are all used at once.
|Attack Speed • Breath meter • Buffs • By hand • Consumable • Crafting station • Critical hit • Damage types • Data IDs|
Day and night cycle • Death • Debuffs • Defense • Difficulty • Environment • Fall Damage • Game controls • Ghost • Health • Inventory
Knockback • Lighting mode • Mana • Map Size • Modifier • Moon phase • Music • NPC drops • NPC Spawning • Placement
Player stats • Rarity • Shoot speed • Spawn • Storage items • Use time • Value