From Terraria Wiki
|Environment||The Hallow – Surface|
|Damage|| 25 (ranged attack)|
Gastropods are immune to the Confused debuff.
- Gastropods will enter water to chase the player, and can continue flying and firing while submerged.
- Striking the Gastropod while it is preparing its laser will interrupt the attack and prevent it from firing.
- Console - spectral Gastropods are generally the same but have a different colour and deal more damage than the regular ones.
- Newer Hardmode players may want to avoid The Hallow's surface at night entirely, as Gastropods fire frequently, spawn often, and their lasers are difficult to dodge -- especially when more than one Gastropod is on the screen (and there usually will be more than one).
- In real life, Gastropods are a class of mollusk that includes snails and slugs. The word "gastropod" is derived from ancient Greek meaning "stomach-foot," which these animals are so named because they appear to crawl on their stomachs.
- Because of the round shape of their shell and the fact that they drop Gel, many players consider Gastropods to be part of the Slime family.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Angler Fish • Arch Wyvern • Armored Skeleton • Chaos Elemental • Clinger • Clown • Corruptor • Cursed Hammer • Digger|
Enchanted Sword • Frost Legion • Gastropod • Giant Bat • Green Jellyfish • Illuminant Bat • Illuminant Slime • Mimic • Mummy • Pixie
Possessed Armor • Skeleton Archer • Slimer • Toxic Sludge • Unicorn • Wandering Eye • Werewolf • World Feeder • Wraith • Wyvern