|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||7 (Insanely Fast)|
|Tooltip|| 50% chance to not consume ammo (33% on console) |
|Buy / Sell||35 / 7|
|Internal Item ID: 2270|
The Gatligator is a Hardmode gun that fires as fast as the Megashark, and shares the 50% chance not to consume ammo. This weapon is very inaccurate, spreading bullets in random directions over a spread of about 45 degrees, making it very difficult to hit enemies from a far distance. It also fires at varying velocity. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 35 , while in Hardmode.
The Chain Gun operates similarly, and can be considered an upgrade.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Gatligator with Crystal or Exploding Bullets can be very useful against bosses such as The Destroyer, as the wide spread of bullets can hit long sections of The Destroyer's body.
- Using Chlorophyte Bullets can increase the accuracy greatly considering they are homing bullets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Gatligator" is a portmanteau of "Gatling" (Gatling gun) and "'gator" (alligator). The gun's barrel and the chamber resemble an alligator.
- The Gatligator is yet another rapid-firing weapon that was named and designed using a portmanteau of a water creature, the others being the Minishark, Megashark and the SDMG.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It appears that the Gatligator fires more accurately than proposed. It actually shoots in an unwavering straight line, so until the bug is fixed it will be one of the most accurate automatic weapons on the mobile version.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: Introduced.