Giant glowing mushroom
|Giant glowing mushroom|
Giant glowing mushrooms are destructible fungi that grow in mushroom biomes. They can be cut down with an axe like trees; however, they do not yield Wood, but Glowing Mushrooms and Mushroom Grass Seeds. Giant glowing mushrooms also give off light, like mushroom grass and glowing mushrooms do.
They have similar requirements as trees to grow:
- The ceiling must be at least 15 tiles above the floor.
- There must be no wall right on top of the floor for them to spawn, but there can be wall behind the floor and from 1 tile above it.
- They will grow only when there's a flat patch of 5 blocks.
- They will grow at least 2 tiles from each other.
Surface giant glowing mushrooms are distinct from their underground counterparts. On the surface, they are treated as trees and can grow with branches, and every tile will drop a mushroom. Their graphics are also noticeably different.
- 1.2: No longer need to be grown underground; can now grow above surface level.
- 1.0.5: Giant glowing mushrooms will now grow back over time. They now grow dynamically on mushroom grass, instead of only spawning during world generation.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.