|Tattered Cloth (1-2)||100%|
The Goblin Scout is a semi-rare enemy that can be found in above-ground environments. It is currently the only Goblin enemy to spawn outside of the Goblin Invasion event. Goblin Scouts are the only way to obtain the Tattered Cloth, required to craft the Goblin Battle Standard.
The Goblin Scout has similar spawning conditions as the King Slime. It will only appear:
- On the surface
- During daytime
- In the outer two-thirds of the World (lengthwise)
- Above 0 depth
Goblin Scouts will not spawn:
- On sand
- In the Corruption
- In the middle third of the World (lengthwise)
You can increase the chance of seeing a Goblin Scout by using Battle Potions, Water Candles, and by making a Jungle. Another good way to find and farm the goblin Scout for Tattered Cloth is to find the dungeon as it usally spawns near the edge of the world the Goblin Scout will mostly appear
You can make a Jungle zone using Mud Blocks and Jungle Seeds. If there are 150 or more Jungle Grass Blocks in an area, it will become a Jungle Biome. The music and background will change, and the spawn rate of all enemies will increase by almost 300%. If the Mud Blocks are placed in such a way that they are not the first layer of the ground, Jungle enemies will not spawn, only Forest enemies.
- Goblin Scouts are able to open doors.
- Goblin Scouts are one of the only two goblins that do not appear during a Goblin Invasion, Goblin Tinkerer being the second. Both have blue skin.
- When holding a water candle near the "oceans" at the edges of the map, it is possible for a Goblin Scout to spawn in the ocean.
- While they are called scouts, they do not actually signal an impending invasion, they are merely a rare enemy.