The Goblin Tinkerer is an NPC that sells several unique items and provides the Reforge function. He can be acquired after a Goblin Army has been defeated, spawning randomly in open areas in the Cavern layer. He will appear to be bound at first, and like the Mechanic and Wizard, talking to him in this state will free him. He will then respawn as long as a vacant House is available. He will not need to be found again if killed.
 Items sold
Once the Goblin Tinkerer has been freed, he will sell the following:
|Rocket Boots||5||Always available.|
|Tinkerer's Workshop||10||Always available.|
|Grappling Hook||2||Always available.|
|Spiky Ball||80||Always available.|
- If the bound Goblin dies before being unbound, he will respawn in the same place in short time, if the player leaves his spawn point out of sight.
- If the bound Goblin is damaged before being unbound, he will completely restore health upon being freed.
- The Dungeon provides a large number of open areas that may be of use in getting the Goblin Tinkerer to spawn.
- Using a Hunter Potion will cause the bound goblin to light up, making him easier to find.
- The name might be a reference to the Goblin Tinker, a neutral goblin hero in the game Warcraft III.
- As evidenced by some of his quotes, the Goblin Tinkerer has a crush on the Mechanic.
- The quote, "Yo, I heard you like rockets and running boots, so I put some rockets in your running boots," is a reference to Spectre Boots as "rockets" means Rocket boots and "running boots" means Hermes boots. This line is also a reference to the popular internet meme of Xzibit from 'Pimp my Ride'.
- "Hey..what's [Name of Mechanic] up to? Have you...have you talked to her, by chance?" (only when the Mechanic is present)
- "Goblins are very easy to anger. In fact, they'd start a war over cloth!" (references that you can use tattered cloth to summon a goblin army)
- "To be honest, most goblins aren't exactly rocket scientists. Well, some are." (references the rocket boots he makes to sell.)
- "Do you know why we all carry around these spiked balls? Because I don't." (references to the fact that all the goblins in the Goblin Armies drop spiky balls, and the fact that he sells spiky balls)
- "I just finished my newest creation! This version doesn't explode violently if you breathe on it too hard."
- "Goblin thieves aren't very good at their job. They can't even steal from an unlocked chest!"(references the Goblin Thieves that spawn in Goblin Invasions, but do not actually steal anything)
- "Hey, does your hat need a motor? I think I have a motor that would fit exactly in that hat."
- "YES, gold is stronger than iron. What are they teaching these humans nowadays?" (in reference to real-life where gold is a weak metal)
- "You know, that mining helmet-flipper combination was a much better idea on paper."
- "Yo, I heard you like rockets and running boots, so I put some rockets in your running boots."
- "Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver."
- "I can't believe they tied me up and left me here just for pointing out that they weren't going east!"(Referring to the fact that the visual in Terraria is facing South, and West and East are thus swapped from their usual directions)
- "Now that I'm an outcast, can I throw away the spiked balls? My pockets hurt." (again references to the fact that goblins in the Goblin Armies drop spiky balls, and the fact that he sells spiky balls)
- "Looking for a gadgets expert? I'm your goblin!"
- "Thanks for your help. Now, I have to finish pacing around aimlessly here. I'm sure we'll meet again."
- "I thought you'd be taller."
- "Thank you for freeing me, human. I was tied up and left here by the other goblins. You could say that we didn't get along very well."
|Arms Dealer • Clothier • Demolitionist • Dryad|
Guide • Merchant • Nurse
Mechanic • Goblin Tinkerer • Wizard