|Internal NPC ID: 107|
The Goblin Tinkerer is an NPC that sells several unique items, as well as providing the Reforge function. He can be acquired after a Goblin Army has been defeated, spawning randomly in open areas in the Cavern layer. He will appear to be bound at first, and like the Mechanic, Wizard and Stylist, talking to him in this state will free him. He will then respawn as long as a vacant House is available. If threatened by enemies, the Tinkerer will defend himself by throwing Spiky Balls, which behave like those thrown by the player.
Items sold[edit | edit source]
|Rocket Boots||5||Always available.|
|Tinkerer's Workshop||10||Always available.|
|Grappling Hook||2||Always available.|
|Spiky Ball||80||Always available.|
Names[edit | edit source]
The Goblin Tinkerer may have any of the following names:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- He periodically spawns near the player as they travel the Cavern layer, respawning if they get too far away. Therefore, spending hours clearing the map and searching every tunnel is unnecessary.
- Using a Hunter Potion will cause the bound Goblin to light up, making him easier to find.
- While the Goblin Tinkerer can be found in any open area underground, bound NPCs may be easier for players to find in the Dungeon, as it is an expansive and easily navigated underground space.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As evidenced by some of his quotes, the Goblin Tinkerer has a crush on the Mechanic, and, referenced by some of her quotes, she has a crush on him too.
- The quote, "Yo, I heard you like rockets and running boots, so I put some rockets in your running boots," is a reference to the "yo dawg" meme.
- One of his names, "Dalek", may be a reference to the British show Doctor Who. The Daleks are an antagonistic race famed for their advances in technology.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Hey... what's [Name of Mechanic] up to? Have you... have you talked to her, by chance?" (only when the Mechanic is present)
- "I tried to visit [Name of Stylist] one time. She just looked at me and said 'nope.' (only when the Stylist is present)
- "Goblins are very easy to anger. In fact, they'd start a war over cloth!" (references use of Tattered Cloth to summon a Goblin Army)
- "To be honest, most goblins aren't exactly rocket scientists. Well, some are." (references the Rocket Boots he sells)
- "Do you know why we all carry around these spiked balls? Because I don't." (references Goblin Armies dropping Spiky Balls)
- "I just finished my newest creation! This version doesn't explode violently if you breathe on it too hard."
- "Goblin Thieves aren't very good at their job. They can't even steal from an unlocked chest!" (references the fact that the Goblin Thiefs in Goblin Invasions do not actually steal anything)
- "Hey, does your hat need a motor? I think I have a motor that would fit exactly in that hat." (references the flying hat from Doraemon)
- "YES, gold is stronger than iron. What are they teaching these humans nowadays?" (references the fact that Gold in Terraria is stronger than Iron, whereas in real life, gold is soft and malleable, not nearly as strong as iron.)
- "You know, that mining helmet-flipper combination was a much better idea on paper." (references the use of a Diving Helmet and Flipper in crafting a set of Diving Gear)
- "Yo, I heard you like rockets and running boots, so I put some rockets in your running boots." (reference to Spectre Boots and the Xzibit Meme)
- "Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver."
- "I can't believe they tied me up and left me here just for pointing out that they weren't going east!" (referring to the Goblin Tinkerer initially appearing bound; and east/west and sunrise/sunset being inconsistent in Terraria, or the east/west reversal from their typical directions in real-world maps)
- "Now that I'm an outcast, can I throw away the spiked balls? My pockets hurt." (references Goblin Armies dropping Spiky Balls)
- "Looking for a gadgets expert? I'm your goblin!"
- "Thanks for your help. Now, I have to finish pacing around aimlessly here. I'm sure we'll meet again." (references the NPC behavior of walking back and forth for no reason)
- "I thought you'd be taller." (TV Trope: Expecting someone taller)
- "Thank you for freeing me, human. I was tied up and left here by the other goblins. You could say that we didn't get along very well."