Placed Grandfather Clocks. Click the image to view a summary of each row.
Grandfather Clocks are furniture items that display the in-game time on the right side of the screen (underneath the minimap) if a player is nearby and will stop displaying when the player gets too far (~80 tiles horizontal and ~50 tiles vertical). The time is rounded on the last hour, similar to Tin and Copper Watches, but right-clicking it will show precise time in minutes on the bottom left corner (See also: Status messages). There are 28 craftable versions of which 5 are only, and 5 that are noncraftable (but still lootable) of which 3 are only. All are functionally identical, and differ only in their appearance.
- All clocks read 9:00 except for the Slime, Marble, Granite, Lihzahrd, and Crystal clocks, which read 3:00. The Boreal clock only reads 3:00 in its item sprite. The times on the clocks are indeed "o'clocks" (instead of 12:15 or 12:45, as both hands are seemingly equal on most clocks), because upon closer examination of the Glass Clock it becomes noticeable that the long hand is pointed upwards.
- 1.3.5: Crystal, Sunplate, and all three Dungeon Clocks added.
- Meteorite, Granite, Marble and Martian Clocks added.
- Now displays time in upper-right corner when near.
- 184.108.40.206: Fixed a bug where Ebonwood Clock would require wood rather than Ebonwood. Fixed the Ebonwood/Shadewood Clock mixup. Golden Clock now correctly drops from Pirate Invasions.
- 1.2.4: Boreal Wood, Slime, Bone, Cactus, Ebonwood, Frozen, Lihzahrd, Living Wood, Rich Mahogany, Flesh, Mushroom, Obsidian, Palm Wood, Pearlwood, Pumpkin, Shadewood, Spooky and Sunplate Clocks added. The word "Grandfather" has been removed from most clock names.
- 1.2.3: More variations added.
- 1.2: Recipe change: now requires Lead Bars or Iron Bars instead of Gold Bars.
- 220.127.116.11: Crafting tool changed from Iron Anvil to Sawmill.
- 1.0.6: Introduced.