|Dimensions||3 wide ˣ 2 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Tile ID: 88|
The Dresser is a piece of decorative furniture and, on the Desktop version and Console version, a Storage item. It will also fulfill a House's "flat surface item" requirement, and a Bottle can be placed on it to function as a crafting station for Potions. Most of the dressers are only available to the PC version. Currently there are 28 varieties of dresser, 23 craftable and 5 noncraftable versions which must be looted from various locations in the world.
Utility[edit | edit source]
Right-clicking the top half of a Dresser opens it like a Chest, with the same amount of storage space and ability to be renamed. The normal tooltip for this function is a small Dresser icon, but a chosen name applies to both halves of the Dresser and will replace the top tooltip as it would with a Chest.
The bottom half of a Dresser can be right-clicked to open a prompt that allows the player to recolor their default clothing, represented by a small shirt icon. This interface contains separate hue, saturation, and lightness settings for each of four character body sections: torso, sleeves, pants, and footwear. Clothes can be changed repeatedly and limitlessly at no cost. This coloration only applies to the player's default clothing; in order to recolor Armor, Accessories or Vanity items, Dyes must be used instead. This interface can be used to change one's default clothing between the options available at character creation by clicking on the character in the tall box.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Noncraftable Dressers[edit | edit source]
| Blue Dungeon Dresser
Internal Item ID: 2386
|Found in a Blue Dungeon.|
| Green Dungeon Dresser
Internal Item ID: 2387
|Found in a Green Dungeon.|
| Pink Dungeon Dresser
Internal Item ID: 2388
|Found in a Pink Dungeon.|
| Obsidian Dresser
Internal Item ID: 2390
|Found in Ruined houses, does not break from lava.|
| Golden Dresser
Internal Item ID: 2389
|Dropped by Pirates. ()|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even though the item sprite has six drawers, the real furniture (as seen above and at right) resembles a desk.
- This item can also be used to change the color of the Collector's Edition Bunny Pet (by changing the Shirt color).
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.5: Crystal, Dynasty, Frozen and Living Wood Dressers implemented.
- Now you are able to change style of the clothing.
- Golden Dresser's sprite updated.
- Added Crystal, Dynasty, Frozen and Living Wood Dressers, but unimplemented.
- Console 1.08: Can now change clothes at a dresser.
- 188.8.131.52: Cactus and Pumpkin Dressers now require a Sawmill to craft.
- Meteorite, Granite, Marble and Martian Dressers added.
- Now functions as a storage item.
- 184.108.40.206: Pumpkin Dressers now properly take Pumpkins to craft. Spooky Wood Dresser is now obtainable.
- Blue Dungeon, Green Dungeon, Pink Dungeon, Golden, Obsidian, Bone, Cactus, Skyware, Honey, Lihzahrd, Palm Wood, Mushroom, Boreal Wood, Slime, Pumpkin, Steampunk, Glass and Flesh Dressers added.
- Dressers, Pianos and Tables no longer emit particles when struck - you're not breaking them.
- Ebonwood, Shadewood, Rich Mahogany and Pearlwood Dressers sprites are updated.
- 1.2.3: Can now change clothes at the dresser.
- 1.2: Added other wood variations of dresser.
- 220.127.116.11: Crafting tool changed from Work Bench to Sawmill.
- 1.0.6: Introduced.
| Gold |
|Ore • Bar • Brick • Brick Wall • Coin • Dust • Carp • Crate • Chair • Table • Bed • Dresser • Sofa • Throne • Chest ( Golden) Bookcase • Clock • Piano • Door • Toilet • Bathtub • Chandelier ( Golden) • Candelabra ( Golden) • Candle ( Golden) • Lamp • Lantern • Sink Pickaxe • Axe • Hammer • Fishing Rod • Shortsword • Broadsword • Bow • Ruby Staff • Armor • Crown • Watch • Flask • Bullet • Key|