|Tooltip||Opens one Gold or Dungeon Chest|
Golden Keys are found in the Dungeon. They are required to unlock the locked Gold Chests found there. Golden Keys are consumed upon use, so each Gold Chest will require another Golden Key each to unlock it. Multiple Golden Keys can be stacked in a single Inventory slot.
Golden Keys can be acquired in 5 ways:
- Finding one in an unlocked, normal Chest in the Dungeon
- Finding one in an unlocked, Living Wood Chest inside a Living Tree.
- Killing a Dungeon Slime
- Killing another Dungeon monster (1/65 chance)
- Breaking a pot in the Dungeon (1/40 chance)
- 1.2: Can now be found in Living Wood Chests. No longer needed to open chests found on Floating Islands.
- 1.1: Chance of getting golden keys from dungeon monsters and pots increased: 1/75 to 1/65 and 1/45 to 1/40, respectively
- 1.0.6: Introduced.