|Until Terraria 1.3 is released, please do not post any 1.3 changes on articles pertaining to existing game elements. This information will be removed.|
|Tooltip||Opens one Gold or Dungeon Chest|
|Internal Item ID: 327|
Golden Keys are items required to unlock the locked Gold Chests found in the Dungeon. A Golden Key is consumed upon use, so unlocking each Gold Chest will require one additional Golden Key each. Multiple Golden Keys can be stacked in a single inventory slot.
Golden Keys can be acquired by:
- Finding one in an unlocked normal Chest in the Dungeon.
- Finding one in an unlocked Living Wood Chest inside a Living Tree.
- Killing a Dungeon Slime.
- Killing another Dungeon enemy (1/65 chance).
- Breaking a Pot in the Dungeon (1/40 chance).
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.1: Increased chance of getting Golden Keys from Dungeon enemies (1/75 to 1/65) and from Pots (1/45 to 1/40).
- 1.0.6: Introduced.