|Tooltip||'Get over here!'|
|Buy / Sell||2 / 40|
The Grappling Hook is an item that fires a long chain that allows players to latch and sling themselves to surfaces at range. Jumping or re-using the Grappling Hook will disengage the player from a latched surface. It is crafted from a Hook and three Iron Chains, and can be bought from the Goblin Tinkerer for 2 .
The Grappling Hook aids climbing and construction, and can be essential as the first tool available that would allow a player to explore Chasms without getting trapped at the bottom.
- Latching a surface with the Grappling Hook resets fall distance, even if that surface is directly below the character. This can be used to prevent fall damage.
- Opening a door while a player is grappled to it will fling the player forward.
- Dropping the Grappling Hook while it is being used will not disengage the hook. However, this will not duplicate the item.
- The grappling hook can pull players through diagonal spaces that are normally too small for them to fit through.
- If you grapple a Wood Platform and try to grapple another object, the Grappling Hook will grapple the platform again. The only possible way to grapple another object when this happens would be to jump off, then grapple your target object.
- Can be used as an anchor (shot directly into the ground below the player) when fighting enemies, to prevent knockback.
- Grappling the ground and jumping before the chain fully reels in will launch you forward, similar to grappling a door. This can be used with the Hermes/Spectre Boots to reach max speed almost instantly.
- The tooltip is a quote from the Mortal Kombat character, Scorpion, when he fires a grappling hook at opponents and drags them over to him.
 Used in
- 1.1: Can now be bought from the Goblin Tinkerer for 2 .
- 1.0.4: Tooltip added.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Ore • Bar|
Iron Anvil • Sawmill • Cooking Pot • Iron Chain
Chest • Barrel • Trash Can • Toilet • Bathtub • Lamp Post
Pickaxe • Axe • Hammer • Broadsword • Shortsword • Bow • Flamethrower
Armor • Empty Bucket • Grappling Hook • Mechanical Eye • Mechanical Skull • Mechanical Worm
Timers (1 Second / 3 Second / 5 Second) • Pumps (Inlet / Outlet)