|Tooltip||'Get over here!'|
|Buy / Sell||2 / 40|
The Grappling Hook is the most basic of the Grappling hooks, a Tool that fires a hook at the end of a long chain in the direction of the cursor. The basic grappling hook has a horizontal range of ~19 tiles. If the hook hits a surface, it drags the player to that surface. Jumping or using the Grappling Hook again will disengage the player from a latched surface. (See the main page for more information.)
- Opening a door while a player is grappled to it will fling the player forward.
- The grappling hook can pull players through diagonal spaces that are normally too small for them to fit through.
- If you grapple a Platform and try to grapple another object, the Grappling Hook will grapple the platform again. The only possible way to grapple another object when this happens would be to jump off, then grapple your target object.
- If you have any flight or double jump accessories, grappling to a surface will recharge them, allowing you to use them again. You do not have to wait for the grappling hook to fully reel you in for this to work.
- Latching to a surface with the Grappling Hook can be used to prevent fall damage.
- Being latched to a surface provides immunity to knockback.
- Grappling the ground and releasing the latch before the chain fully reels in is a useful to quickly get to max sprinting speed in Hermes, Spectre, and Lightning Boots.
- The tooltip is a quote from the Mortal Kombat character Scorpion, when he fires a grappling hook at opponents and drags them over to him.
- 1.2: Added new types of Grapple Hooks, such as the Amethyst Hook and the Sapphire Hook.
- 1.1: Can now be bought from the Goblin Tinkerer for 2 .
- 1.0.4: Tooltip added.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
|Single Hooks • Grappling Hook • Amethyst Hook • Topaz Hook • Sapphire Hook|
Emerald Hook • Ruby Hook • Diamond Hook • Bat Hook • Spooky Hook
Multi Hooks • Skeletron Hand • Dual Hook • Ivy Whip • Web Slinger
|Ore • Bar|
Iron Anvil • Sawmill • Cooking Pot • Chain
Chest • Barrel • Trash Can • Toilet • Bathtub • Lamp Post
Pickaxe • Axe • Hammer • Broadsword • Shortsword • Bow • Flamethrower
Armor • Empty Bucket • Grappling Hook • Mechanical Eye • Mechanical Skull • Mechanical Worm
Timers (1 Second / 3 Second / 5 Second) • Pumps (Inlet / Outlet)