|Bonus|| Allows the control of gravity
3 minute duration
The effect lasts for 3 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the buff icon.
 Gravitation in 1.2
The gravitation effect was changed greatly with the 1.2 update. From 1.2 onward, instead of the player flipping upside-down, the player stays put on the screen, and the view of the world flips upside-down. The down key no longer returns gravity to normal; instead, the up key does this. Relative to the flipped view, other entities appear to fall upward. The minimap is not flipped. Be aware that as of 1.2.3, player control ceases when the full screen map is active.
- While flipping gravity resets your fall distance, this potion does not negate fall damage on its own. Featherfall potions, wings, a Lucky Horseshoe or an Obsidian Horseshoe will make using Gravitation potions a lot safer.
- Falling upwards to the map's height limit will not damage you, but it is possible to die by smacking into the underside of a Floating Island, or any other ceiling.
- Falling to the map's height limit will automatically flip you right-side up.
- The sound effect of the player flipping gravity has the same sound effect of the Shadow Orb (item), Vilethorn, and Demon Scythe as well as when a Fire Imp teleports.
- It is helpful for finding Floating Islands by hovering up and down at the right altitude.
- Gravitation effectively surpasses the Rocket Boots and Wings combination as the air travel method with the most range, though it is more difficult to control as a flight method.
- 1.2: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.