|Buff duration||3 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||Press UP to reverse gravity|
Gravitation Potion is a buff potion which buffs the player with Gravitation. This buff allows the player to invert gravity with the up key (W by default), making the screen appear upside-down, fall upwards, and walk on ceilings. The effect can be toggled while in midair.
The effect lasts for 3 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the buff icon.
Gravitation in 1.2
The gravitation effect was changed greatly with the 1.2 update. From 1.2 onward, instead of the player flipping upside-down, the player stays put on the screen, and the view of the world flips upside-down. The down key no longer returns gravity to normal; instead, the up key does this. Relative to the flipped view, other entities appear to fall upward. The minimap is not flipped. Be aware that as of 1.2.3, player control ceases when the full screen map is active.
- While flipping gravity resets your fall distance, this potion does not negate fall damage on its own. however Featherfall potions, wings, a Lucky Horseshoe or an Obsidian Horseshoe will make using Gravitation potions a lot safer.
- Falling upwards to the map's height limit will not damage you, but it is possible to die by smacking into the underside of a Floating Island, or any other ceiling.
- Falling to the map's height limit will automatically flip you right-side up.
- The sound effect of the player flipping gravity has the same sound effect of the Shadow Orb (item), Vilethorn, and Demon Scythe as well as when a Fire Imp teleports.
- It is helpful for finding Floating Islands by hovering up and down at the right altitude.
- Gravitation effectively surpasses the Rocket Boots and Wings combination as the air travel method with the most range, though it is more difficult to control as a flight method.
- 1.2.4: Fixed bug where magic missiles, drills and Dirt Rods would not function properly in reverse gravity.
- 220.127.116.11: Fixed bug where long hairs would draw the front part in the player's feet when in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where sign bubbles would appear in the wrong place at reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where Featherfall Potion did not function equally on reverse gravity.
- Fixed hoverboard bug where you could walk on air while in reverse gravity.
- Fixed issue where you cannot jump while in reverse gravity in water.
- Fixed bug where certain hats would be placed weirdly under reversed gravity.
- Fixed bug where Rune Robe particles appeared on player's head in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where chat bubbles displayed "wrong" in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where attempting to move NPCs with reverse gravity used the opposite screen height position.
- Fixed bug where zooming with sniper scope / binoculars would go in opposite height direction when in reverse gravity.
- Rod of Discord works properly when gravity is flipped.
- Fixed precision with Hydra Staff in reverse gravity.
- 1.2: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- 1.0.5: Introduced, with the subtext 'Press UP or DOWN to reverse gravity'