| Gravitation Potion
| Use time
|| 16 (Very Fast)
|| Allows the control of gravity
| Grants buff
| Buff duration
|| 3 minutes
| Buff tooltip
|| Press UP to reverse gravity
| Internal Item ID: 305
| Internal Buff ID: 18
is a buff potion
the player with Gravitation. This buff allows the player to invert gravity with
making the screen appear upside-down, fall upwards, and walk on ceilings. The effect can be toggled while in midair.
The effect lasts for 3 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the buff icon.
- While flipping gravity resets your fall distance, this potion does not negate fall damage on its own. Using a Featherfall potion, wings, a Lucky Horseshoe or an Obsidian Horseshoe will make using Gravitation potions a lot safer.
- Falling upwards to the map's height limit will not damage you, but it is possible to die by smacking into the underside of a Floating Island, or any other ceiling.
- Falling to the map's height limit will automatically flip you right-side up.
- The sound effect of the player flipping gravity has the same sound effect of the Shadow Orb (item), Vilethorn, as well as when a Fire Imp teleports.
- On Console edition of terraria you have the option to turn off "World Flips Upside Down", making it so only the player flips.
- It is helpful for finding Floating Islands by hovering up and down at the right altitude.
- Gravitation effectively surpasses the Rocket Boots and Wings combination as the air travel method with the most range, though it is more difficult to control as a flight method.
- 18.104.22.168: Texture changed.
- 1.2.4: Fixed bug where magic missiles, drills and Dirt Rods would not function properly in reverse gravity.
- 22.214.171.124: Fixed bug where long hairs would draw the front part in the player's feet when in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where sign bubbles would appear in the wrong place at reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where Featherfall Potion did not function equally on reverse gravity.
- Fixed hoverboard bug where you could walk on air while in reverse gravity.
- Fixed issue where you cannot jump while in reverse gravity in water.
- Fixed bug where certain hats would be placed weirdly under reversed gravity.
- Fixed bug where Rune Robe particles appeared on player's head in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where chat bubbles displayed "wrong" in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where attempting to move NPCs with reverse gravity used the opposite screen height position.
- Fixed bug where zooming with sniper scope / binoculars would go in opposite height direction when in reverse gravity.
- Rod of Discord works properly when gravity is flipped.
- Fixed precision with Hydra Staff in reverse gravity.
- 1.2: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- 1.0.5: Introduced, with the subtext 'Press UP or DOWN to reverse gravity'