Guide Voodoo Doll
|Guide Voodoo Doll|
|Type||Accessory – Summoning|
|Tooltip||'You are a terrible person.'|
|Internal Item ID: 267|
The Guide Voodoo Doll is a summoning item that allows the player to harm and kill the Guide NPC, and summon the Wall of Flesh. The Guide will always respawn after being killed. The Doll is always dropped by Voodoo Demons in the Underworld.
When the Doll is equipped as an accessory, it becomes possible for the player to kill the Guide with weapons (normally, NPCs cannot be harmed by player weapons). If the item itself is destroyed by Lava, ie. the player throws the Doll into lava, the Guide dies immediately.
If the Doll is destroyed in Lava within the Underworld, the Guide dies and the Wall of Flesh, the final pre-Hardmode Boss, is summoned. The Guide must be alive before the Doll is destroyed, otherwise the Wall of Flesh will not appear.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Like a Boss|
|Obtain any boss-summoning item.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- To throw the doll (or any item), it must be the selected item on the action bar. The default button to throw the item is "t" on .
- Only one Wall of Flesh can be summoned at once, so throwing a second Doll into lava while a Wall of Flesh is currently spawned will waste the Doll.
- If a Doll falls directly into Lava when a Voodoo Demon is killed, the Wall of Flesh will spawn, despite the player having never caught it.
- If a dropped Doll lands on a player who is standing in lava, the Doll will sometimes be collected while also summoning the Wall of Flesh, allowing the doll to be used again.
- In the Mobile version, a Voodoo Doll does not need to be thrown into lava for the Wall of Flesh to be summoned. It is simply tapped.
- Throwing it into the closest lava sea to the left or right end will sometimes cause the Guide to die but it will not summon the Wall of Flesh
- The Wall of Flesh's sweep direction is determined by its spawn location. Spawning it anywhere left of the center of the world will cause it to sweep from left to right, while spawning it right of center will cause it to sweep right to left.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In popular culture, a voodoo doll is a figurine resembling a person, which can be harmed in order to magically inflict harm on the person being mimicked.
- Before the Wall of Flesh is defeated, several NPCs sometimes make reference to the Doll's function:
- Arms Dealer: "I heard there is a doll that looks very similar to [Name of Guide] somewhere in the underworld. I'd like to put a few rounds in it."
- Nurse: "I need to have a serious talk with [Name of Guide]. How many times a week can you come in with severe lava burns?"
- Guide: "When you are ready to challenge the keeper of the underworld, you will have to make a living sacrifice. Everything you need for it can be found in the Underworld."
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 1.1: Dropping the doll in lava in The Underworld now summons the Wall of Flesh.
- 1.0.5: Introduced.