The Gungnir is a Hallowed spear melee weapon. It has an unusually large size for a melee weapon and can hit enemies from distances comparable to that of a Wooden Boomerang. It can deliver 3 to 4 hits per use. Like all Hallowed melee weapons, attacking with it emits a good deal of light and a sparkle effect.
Like all Spears, the Gungnir's best possible Modifier is Godly. It cannot obtain the Legendary Modifier.
 Used in
- It's a fairly effective weapon against The Destroyer.
- The Gungnir is incredibly useful for finding endgame ores like Chlorophyte Ore, as its light can allow you to see into the walls. Thus, the spear retains its usefulness long after one has acquired a better Spear.
- In Norse mythology, Gungnir is the spear of the god Odin.
- 1.2.3: Sell price reduced from 30 to 4 6 .
- 1.2: Crafting recipe changed.
- Console-Release: Now used in the crafting of the Tonbogiri.
- 1.1: Introduced.