|Use time||21 (Fast)|
The Gungnir is a Hallowed spear melee weapon. It has an unusually large size for a melee weapon and can hit enemies from distances comparable to that of a Wooden Boomerang. It can deliver 3 to 4 hits per use. Like all Hallowed melee weapons, attacking with it emits a good deal of light and a sparkle effect.
 Crafting(PC Version)
 Crafting(Console Version)
|Soul of Fright||20|
 Used in
- It is the fourth strongest Spear in the PC version (beaten by Mushroom Spear, North Pole, and Chlorophyte Partisan), and is only rivaled by the Tonbogiri in the console version
- It's a fairly effective weapon against The Destroyer, but in the console version, it requires beating Skeletron Prime to be crafted (Soul of Fright).
- The Gungnir is incredibly useful for finding endgame ores like Chlorophyte Ore, as its light can allow you to see into the walls. Thus, the spear retains its usefulness long after one has acquired a better Spear.
- In Norse mythology, Gungnir is the spear of the god Odin.
- 1.2.3: Sell price reduced from 30 to 4 6 .
- 1.2: Crafting recipe changed.
- Console-Release: Now used in the crafting of the Tonbogiri.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Spear • Trident • The Rotted Fork • Dark Lance |
Cobalt Naginata • Mythril Halberd • Adamantite Glaive
Palladium Pike • Orichalcum Halberd • Titanium Trident
Gungnir • Tonbogiri • Mushroom Spear • Chlorophyte Partisan • North Pole
|Hallowed armor • Pwnhammer • Drax • Pickaxe Axe • Excalibur • Gungnir • Hallowed Repeater • Light Disc|