|Use time||21 (Fast)|
The Gungnir is the third strongest spear in the PC version of the game, only beaten by the Mushroom Spear and the Chlorophyte Partisan, and is only rivaled by the Tonbogiri in the console version, being a crafting ingredient of it. It has an unusually large size for a melee weapon and can hit enemies from distances comparable to that of a Wooden Boomerang. The Gungnir is also unusually valuable; compared to the Excalibur, it can be sold for over six and a half times the money. It can deliver 3 to 4 hits per use if aimed well enough. Like all Hallowed Melee weapons, attacking with it emits a good deal of light and a sparkle effect.
 Crafting(PC Version)
 Crafting(Console Version)
|Soul of Fright||20|
 Used in
- The Gungnir is the most expensive item in the game, and therefore is also the most expensive item to Reforge. Without any existing Modifiers, a Reforge costs 75 . Reforging a Godly Gungnir to have a different Modifier costs 1 58 72 23 , the second highest reforge cost of any item in the game, followed very closely by a Mythical Magic Dagger, Mythical Ice Rod, Mythical Staff of the Frost Hydra and Legendary Terra Blade (which each cost 1 54 92 36 to reforge). The only item more expensive to reforge is an Unreal Stake Launcher at 1 62 28 56 . However, this may be a glitch (click here for further details). Keep in mind, the cost to reforge items on the console version is twice as much as listed here.
- Since the crafting requirements for it have been simplified, making Gungnirs to sell proves to be far more profitable by over 3 to 1 (assuming no modifiers) compared to selling the equivalent raw hallowed bars. Crafting them also has the added risk/benefit of getting a modifier which can increase or decrease its value considerably.
- It's a fairly effective weapon against The Destroyer, but in the console version, it requires beating Skeletron Prime to be crafted (Soul of Fright).
- The Gungnir is incredibly useful for finding endgame ores like Chlorophyte Ore, as its light can allow you to see into the walls. Thus, the spear retains its usefulness long after one has acquired a better Spear.
- In Norse mythology, Gungnir is the spear of the god Odin.
- 1.2: Crafting recipe changed.
- Console-Release: Now used in the crafting of the Tonbogiri.
- 1.1: Introduced.
|Spear • Trident • The Rotted Fork • Dark Lance |
Cobalt Naginata • Mythril Halberd • Adamantite Glaive
Palladium Pike • Orichalcum Halberd • Titanium Trident
Gungnir • Tonbogiri • Mushroom Spear • Chlorophyte Partisan
|Hallowed armor • Pwnhammer • Drax • Pickaxe Axe • Excalibur • Gungnir • Hallowed Repeater • Light Disc|