|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Sell|| 4 60 /
|Internal Item ID: 550|
The Gungnir is a Hallowed spear melee weapon. It has an unusually large size for a melee weapon and can hit enemies from distances comparable to that of a Wooden Boomerang. It can deliver 3 to 4 hits per use. Like all Hallowed melee weapons, attacking with it emits a good deal of light and a sparkle effect.
Like all spears, the Gungnir's best possible Modifier is Godly. It cannot obtain the Legendary Modifier.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
| Orichalcum Anvil /|
Used in[edit | edit source]
Console/Mobile[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is the fifth strongest spear, (beaten by Mushroom Spear, North Pole, Obsidian Swordfish, and Chlorophyte Partisan), and is only rivaled by the Tonbogiri in the console version.
- Its sell value is 30.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It's a fairly effective weapon against The Destroyer.
- The Gungnir is incredibly useful for finding endgame ores like Chlorophyte Ore, as its light can allow you to see into the walls. Thus, the spear retains its usefulness long after one has acquired a better spear.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In Norse mythology, Gungnir is the spear of the god Odin.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.2.3: Sell price reduced from 30 to 4 6 .
- 1.2: Crafting recipe changed.
- Console-Release: Now used in the crafting of the Tonbogiri.
- 1.1: Introduced.
| Hallowed gear |
|Bar • Drax • Pickaxe Axe • Pwnhammer Excalibur • Repeater • Gungnir • Optic Staff • Light Disc • Armor • Frost armor|