|200% 0% 110%|
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||'Not to be confused with a picksaw'|
|Internal Item ID: 579|
The Drax is a Hardmode tool that is the alternative to the Pickaxe Axe. Appearances and sounds aside, the two tools are functionally identical, but the Pickaxe Axe is half a second faster than the Drax, just like every Hardmode drill/pickaxe. Unlike most drills, Drax has a minimal amount of knockback.
It is obtained after killing the three Mechanical Bosses and combining their souls with some hallowed bars. On the Mobile version, it has a chance of being found In a Shadow Chest, making it obtainable in pre-Hardmode.
It can mine any block except Lihzahrd Bricks.
Its best Modifier is Godly.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
| Mythril Anvil|
|Soul of Might||1|
|Soul of Sight||1|
|Soul of Fright||1|
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Craft your first Drax or Pickaxe Axe.|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Due to its rapid attack speed, high damage and knockback, it can serve as a melee weapon for low-end close-range targets.
- If found in a shadow chest pre-hardmode, the player has a significant mining advantage, as it mine all pre-plantera blocks, at which point the Picksaw is needed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It used to be called the Hamdrax as it had 85% hammer power, but as of 1.2, it no longer has its hammer abilities. This is due to the fact that hammers can now be used to create slopes and half-blocks, which would conflict with its mining functionality. In addition, players often complained that they would accidentally remove background walls when building using the Hamdrax. As of version 1.2, with an exception of early 1.3, no item combining the abilities of a hammer, pickaxe, and axe currently exist, presumably for these very reasons.
- "Drax" is a portmanteau of words, drill and axe, because it can perform the actions of both.
- The original tooltip for the Hamdrax was “Not to be confused with a hamsaw.”
- The message that shows up on the mobile version when you kill a player with a Drax still shows it as death by Hamdrax.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- 1.2.3: Recipe now includes one of each of the Souls dropped by the Mechanical Bosses.
- 1.2: Changes:
- 1.1: Introduced as Hamdrax.
| Hallowed gear |
|Bar • Drax • Pickaxe Axe • Pwnhammer Excalibur • Repeater • Gungnir • Optic Staff • Light Disc • Armor|