|Power|| 110% Axe|
|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||'Not to be confused with a picksaw'|
The Drax is an alternative to the Pickaxe Axe. Appearances and sounds aside, the two tools are functionally identical. However, unlike pickaxes, most drills cannot be reforged with size, speed, or knockback modifiers, making Demonic the best possible prefix. Drax is the one exception, as it can be reforged with knockback, allowing the Godly prefix.
It is obtained after killing the three Mechanical Bosses and combining their souls with some hallowed bars.
Can mine any block except Lihzahrd Bricks.
| Mythril Anvil|
|Soul of Might||1|
|Soul of Sight||1|
|Soul of Fright||1|
- Due to its rapid attack speed, high damage and knockback, it can serve as a melee weapon for low-end close-range targets.
- The best Modifier for this tool is Godly.
- It used to be called the Hamdrax as it had 85% hammer power, but as of 1.2 it no longer has hammer abilities.
- With the removal of the Hamdrax's hammer abilities, there are no tools that function as a hammer, pickaxe/drill, and axe simultaneously. Due to the changes made to the functionality of hammers in 1.2, it seems unlikely any such universal multi-tool will be added in later updates (and as of 1.2.4, there have been no such tools added).
- "Drax" is a portmanteau of words, drill and axe, because it can perform the actions of both.
- This, prior to version 1.2, along with the Hallowed Repeater, was the only item forged from boss souls that is of red rarity, despite, arguably, that it used to be the most difficult craftable item to obtain in Terraria.
- Getting this tool in the 1.1 version could have been considered a top accomplishment, as the player had to kill Skeletron Prime, The Twins and The Destroyer each at least once to obtain the once required souls. Which as of 184.108.40.206 it now requires 1 from each to delay Chlorophyte mining.
- The Drax is the only drill with knockback.
- Prior to 1.2, this item was called the Hamdrax, but then its use as a hammer was removed, therefore the name was simply changed to Drax.
- The original tooltip for the Drax was: “Not to be confused with a hamsaw.”
- In the Mobile Version, it is still called Hamdrax and has hammer abilities.
- 1.2.3: Now takes one of each boss-dropped Soul to craft.
- 1.2: Changes:
- Removed Hammer capabilities
- Re-named to "Drax"
- Now only takes Hallowed Bars to craft
- 1.1: Introduced as Hamdrax.
|Hallowed armor • Pwnhammer • Drax • Pickaxe Axe • Excalibur • Gungnir • Hallowed Repeater • Light Disc|