|Editors, please note: When updating information for items that existed prior to 1.3, remember that there are other, non-PC editions of the game to which the old information still applies. Try not to remove this older information as you add new 1.3 information.|
|Damage|| 25 / 50 |
30 / 60 (Ranged attack)
|Max Life||100 / 200|
|KB Resist||40% / 46%|
|Internal NPC ID: 48|
A Harpy is a flying enemy that spawn at high altitudes, typically around Floating Island heights. In Pre-Hardmode, they won't spawn on the horizontal middle of the map, around an area equal to one tenth of its complete length. This restriction is removed in Hardmode. They use the Bat AI, and fire Harpy Feather projectiles (). Harpies can spawn at any time, day or night. Up to seven Harpies can exist on screen during the day, ten at night, and fifteen during a Blood Moon.
|Map Size||Expected Height|
|Small||() 360+ feet above|
|() 102+ meters above|
|Medium||() 640+ feet above|
|() 113+ meters above|
|Large||() 720+ feet above|
|() 125+ meters above|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- One way of farming Harpies is to build an enclosure, then empty a bucket of lava above it. Adding walls inside the enclosure will prevent Wyverns from spawning, making it possible to safely AFK. The Blood Moon event, Water Candle, and Battle Potion items will all increase the enemy spawn rate significantly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Historically a Harpy was a female monster from Greek and Roman mythology in the form of a large bird with a human face.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Now rarely drops Giant Harpy Feather
- Feather drop rate increased from 20% to 50%
- Projectile damage reduced from 30 to 15
- No longer fire feathers without a clear shot.
- AI changed to reduce wall hugging.
- Harpies are now unaffected by Wood Platforms, rendering AFK grinders ineffective.
- Harpy renamed from Harpey.
- No longer make a splash sound when hitting water.
- 1.0.4: Introduced.