|Damage|| 25 / 50 (44) |
30 / 60 (Ranged attack)
|Max Life||100 / 200 (220)|
|KB Resist||40% / 46%|
|Internal NPC ID: 48|
A Harpy is a flying enemy that spawn at high altitudes, typically around Floating Island heights. Prior to Hardmode, they cannot spawn on the horizontal middle of the map, around an area equal to one tenth of its complete length. This restriction is removed in Hardmode. They move following the Bat AI, and fire feather projectiles in inaccurate bursts of three.
Up to seven Harpies can exist on screen during the day, ten at night, and fifteen during a Blood Moon.
|Map Size||Expected Height|
|Small||() 360+ feet above|
|() 102+ meters above|
|Medium||() 640+ feet above|
|() 113+ meters above|
|Large||() 720+ feet above|
|() 125+ meters above|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A Harpy is a female monster from Greek and Roman mythology in the form of a large bird with the face of a human, most often a woman.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Now rarely drops Giant Harpy Feather
- Feather drop rate increased from 20% to 50%
- Projectile damage reduced from 30 to 15
- No longer fire feathers without a clear shot.
- AI changed to reduce wall hugging.
- Harpies are now unaffected by Wood Platforms, rendering AFK grinders ineffective.
- Harpy renamed from Harpey.
- No longer make a splash sound when hitting water.
- 1.0.4: Introduced.