|Damage|| 15 (Ranged attack)|
|Giant Harpy Feather||0.5%|
|Internal NPC ID: 48|
Harpies are flying enemies that spawn at high altitudes, typically around Floating Island heights. In Pre-Hardmode, they won't spawn on the horizontal middle of the map, around an area equal to one tenth of its complete length. This restriction is removed in Hardmode. They use the Bat AI, and fire Harpy Feathers projectiles (). Harpies can spawn at any time, day or night. Up to seven Harpies can exist on screen during the day, ten at night, and fifteen during a Blood Moon.
|Map Size||Expected Height|
|Small||360+ feet above|
|Medium||640+ feet above|
|Large||850+ feet above|
- A simple way of farming Harpies is to build an enclosure at a high altitude, then place a bucket of lava above it. When this area is sealed off you can leave your computer for an indefinite amount of time. This technique will make it easy to collect feathers and money. In Hardmode, walls can be added behind the player to prevent Wyverns from spawning, allowing one to stay safe. The Blood Moon event and the Water Candle and Battle Potion items will all increase the enemy spawn rate significantly.
- Now rarely drops Giant Harpy Feather
- Feather drop rate increased from 20% to 50%
- Projectile damage reduced from 30 to 15
- No longer fire feathers without a clear shot.
- AI changed to reduce wall hugging.
- Harpies are now unaffected by Wood Platforms, rendering AFK grinders ineffective.
- Harpy renamed from Harpey.
- No longer make a splash sound when hitting water.
- 1.0.4: Introduced.